Waiting and waiting...2016 mommies-to-be!

That's sweet that your hubby indulges in your broodiness :) sounds like a keeper!

When we were waiting to get preggo with my first I would always say "not next year but the year after." And as the end of the year got closer and closer I would get more and more excited to be able to say "next year!" Helped break the time up...it was only xx months until I could change my phrase instead of 2 years before TTC :) The other thing I did was on my desk calendar at work, right around the two year mark, I started making marks at the halfway point. 2 years out made a note at the 1 year mark, once we got there did one at 6 mo months etc... Was always a nice surprise when I flipped to a new month and saw one of those milestones!

Hey yall I'm Kenzie, I'm WTT and we are going to be TTC in 2016!! (hopefully) I'm VERY ready to start mine and my love's family and have our baby but we have to wait. And he's not very ready right now but the time frame he gave me was 2016 soooo...yay! Here's to our future bundles of joy!

Hi can I join?

We were originally going to be ttc #2 in a month's time but it's really not the right time at all. We're currently in the process of putting our house up for sale and moving back in with my parents (luckily they have the space to accommodate all three of us!) and are hoping to stay there between 1-2 years for some hard-core saving so we can afford to live in the area we want. I also have 2 more years left of my Open University English degree so, after lots of discussions, we've realised it's only going to be wise to start ttc in 2016 :( I have the copper coil in so it's just a case of leaving it put til then!

I am so broody and would have liked a closer age gap so it's going to be difficult!! I keep trying to make the most of getting a bit of freedom back now my DS is older and having sleep again but it's so hard not to think about babies! X

Welcome to the new ladies! We are halfway through 2014!

Hello ladies! :wave: :flower:

My name is Keely and my DF and I waiting until either June of 2015 or May/June of 2016 for baby #2. We would prefer 2015, but we may have to wait due to financial reasons. This being the case I thought that I should join a 2016 group as well as the 2015 group that I have already been in for a few months now.

We're waiting because...

1. We would like between a 2-3 year age gap between DS and our next baby.

2. We'd like to have enough money saved up for emergencies.

3. We'd like to have enough saved just for the things that we'll need for the new baby (especially if #2 ends up being :pink:).

4. We need to live in a bigger place. Our own home would be preferable, but a rental home is more likely. We are in the process of getting such a place now as we are moving to a smaller and more affordable town since DF got a new high school teaching job there.

5. We want to be married. Our wedding date is set for June 6th of 2015 and my dress and our deposit for our wedding package is already paid.

6. I want to be done with my Medical Billing and Coding certification. I'm halfway done now, so it should be easy to finish it before next June.

7. We also wanted a family car but this has already been accomplished recently.

It's nice to meet you all! I look forward to waiting with you, and I apologize in advance if we do end up trying next June and I therefore have to leave this thread early. :D

A little update from my part of the world... haven't posted for a while as we moved (hooray for the goal getting ticked off)... and then all of a sudden my sciatica, which had calmed down a bit, flared up really badly and I found myself in hospital facing a microdiscectomy (operation where they shaved part of my vertebrae away before cutting away part of a prolapsed disc in my lumbar spine to stop it compressing the nerve). It was too far gone for intervention therapy or cortisone injections... so under the knife I went. Am now 2 weeks post-op and they say I am recovering well, but need to lose weight to stop it happening again (the disc above is looking a bit dodgy). The doctors and surgeon say it shouldn't affect me getting pregnant or delivering the way I want, physiologically speaking, but the big part now is going to be to convince hubby that my body can cope - with sex, with pregnancy and with birth. Early days but I can sense this is likely to occur. MUST LOSE THE WEIGHT. And keep it off til our ttc date. Hoping that will help.

Congrats on the house! Hope you continue to heal after surgery. What an ordeal!

Yay for a new house! We'll be moving at the end of July as well and I'm super excited about it. I hope that the healing process goes well for you. Good luck in losing the weight you want to and keeping it off. :flower:

Hi I'm Cali and we're waiting to try for our third and last child in late 2016. We're waiting for several reasons. First, we have a 3 year gap between #1 and #2 that has worked out really well so we want that for the gap between #2 and #3 as well.

Second, we really need at least a 3 year gap because we don't want to have to pay for 2 children in daycare for more than a year. We are having to do that for the next year and money will be extremely tight.

Third, I really need to either get a raise on my current job or find a better paying job.

Finally, we need to buy a house before dd #1 enters kindergarten. We have a few things to work out with my finances and dh's house he owns with his ex wife that he's been unable to sell.

So for us the time should fly by because we have so much to do!

I am joining this group as I want to TTC in 2016. :thumbup: Ideally I wanted to be TTC now but OH says 2 years. This is because I had a c/s in march. The consultant said she didn't want to see me back for a year or two to ensure scar healing. OH has taken this to mean two years - that's final. By then I'm worried he will have decided against it totally.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
But good luck to all you ladies, I will look forward to reading your stories as you go along.

Ladies I think I ought to leave this thread as OH told me we had to wait at least 4 years otherwise all of my salary will go on childcare or I give up work. As me giving up work is not an option for him he has pretty much made the decision for us. So maybe in a couple of years I'll start a WTT thread for 2018??? Or maybe it won't happen at all. :cry::cry:

Good luck ladies, hope everyone is successful :thumbup:

Did he ask if you wanted to wait four years?

Did he ask if you wanted to wait four years?

He asked if I thought that he would be too old then. (He would be 52 and me 37/38). Then he said men are never too old really. Then he changed the conversation to which contraception I wanted to use.
He has a point about the finances but I had a dream of having 2 close together so they could grow up together like me and my brother did. OH has a sibling 15yrs older so in effect this was like him being an only child. I think this is why he doesn't appreciate what I mean because " it hasn't done him any harm not to have a sibling of similar age"

I hate to burst your DH's bubble, but yes, men can get too old to have babies. A man's fertility declines much more slowly than a woman's, but a man in his 50's is much less capable of getting a woman pregnant than a man in his 20's or 30's would be, even if she was in her 20's and therefore in her prime for fertility.

Maybe your DH will change his mind in a couple of years and decide to start TTC anyway? I'm sorry that he's making you wait 4 years right now, that's an awfully long time and neither of you are getting any younger. I really hope that he comes around sooner rather than later. :hugs:

I shouldn't dream! I got taken along on the wave of hormones and now I'm on the come down. :(
Thanks for the hugs x

So awesome news here! DF and I found our house that we're probably going to live in until we can afford to buy our own home. The rent is $350 a month with no security deposit at all and we only need to pay the first month's rent ($350) before we move in. It's a 3 bedroom 1 bathroom and much bigger than our current 2 bedroom apartment. It's right across the street from the school that DF took a teaching job at this year and they're letting us keep our two cats at no extra charge. We won't need to move to be able to have another baby or even a third baby, there will be plenty of backyard space for them to run around and play, and it's a small town so crime is practically non-existent. There is also a washer/dryer hookup, central air, and a covered area to park the car (kind of like a car port, I don't really know what to call it). DF just toured it a few days ago and told the lady we'd take it. It's by far the best and least expensive option we had and we can't wait to move in at the end of next month. :happydance: :cloud9:

Awesome news kalon! Congratulations!!

Thanks KK! I can't believe that Charles is already two months old, time flies. He's so cute though, I miss when DS was that age. :cloud9:

Thanks! It is going by so fast so I'm just trying to enjoy it all and soak it up :)

That is great news! Congratulations. Housing and being comfortable wherever you are is so important - sounds like this will be somewhere you can really get settled! Are you allowed to paint/decorate as you like?

Thanks for all of the congrats ladies, we're super excited! It really feels like everything is falling into place and that all of our pre-baby goals will be reached when we're hoping that they will. :D

We probably won't be able to paint the house at all, but we should be able to decorate however we want. I'm not fussed about paint anyway, it's a pain. I wouldn't want to paint a house until it was our forever home anyway.

So what's been up in everyone else's lives? Have any of you tacked any goals off of your WTT list yet? If not, how close are you to your first one? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->