waiting for ivf and struggling!

Hubby has a sperm count of 1 million and I don't ovulate properly. My cycles are 40-50 days apart.

We have to book hubby an appointment with the urologist. He will ring his doctor on Monday and hopefully that won't take long

What did they do with your hubby when he went to urologist?
X

we are in a similar position then - my OH's count is now down to 6mil and I have irregular periods anything betwen 30-39 days

When he attended the urologist he examined OH and found he had a large vein in his testicle which he suspected was a varicocele and that's why he was sent for an ultrasound but got the all clear. When we went back to the urologist he referred us to the IVF team

Well we have already been referred to the ivf team already but the lady at hospital said they may not give us our 1st appt with them until we have been to the urologist.

I really hope he gets an appt quite quick so we won't be waiting longer.

What's your next step now?
Your a few steps a head of us. You've had your PIE thing.

How old are you and your hubby?
Have you been married long x

We are both 26 and married 2 and 1/2 years.

Next step now is Blood tests next week then consultantion after that then hopeful start on next cycle but by the time we get to the next consultation I think it will be May/June we will be starting so you may have caught up depending on waiting lists etc

Im 25 and OH is 30 - together 8 years - meant to be getting married next year but will be putting that on hold pending baby coming FX

Sorry I thought you said you were married.
concentrate on the ivf and a wedding can come when your settled.

We've been together 10 years, and just want to make us complete.

It's a lot of waiting around isn't it.

Have you been reading up on egg transfers and stuff.
At our age they say they won't transfer back 2 eggs coz we have more chances of twins, but women over 40 can have more.
Don't think it's fair. I'd love twins.
What about you? We will struggle to save to have another private ivf x

I have been reading Zita West's book and realised I need to change my diet! Iv always been thin so eat what I want which has always been rubbish - so now on to wholemeal bread, 1 cup of tea a day and no chocolate etc!

At the beginning I wanted to transfer 2 - If you really push I think they will transfer two but against their advice and you will sign like a disclaimer. Due to the higher risk of miscarying etc I only want to transfer one now. My cousin and his partner had two transferred and she lost them both at appx 23 weeks - the little boy died first and infected the little girl who died 5 days later. I cant help but think had only one have been transferred she would still be pregnant her body couldnt cope the with weight of them both I guess

ive heard so many good stories tho about 2 eggs transfered and with great success stories, we tend to only remember the bad stories.
i know we dont have to decide now and it needs a lot of thinking but from the beginning ive always wanted 2 transfered as the chances of 1 taking is greater.
theres so much to decide on.

ive had to loose weight. ive lost a astone and a half so far. need to lose more but my bmi is fine to have ivf now. i gained nearly 3 stone whilst on my honeymoon and just after the wedding! nightmare ha but it was bloody good x

Hey hun. Wow I have been wondering where you were lurking so decided to search for you and stalk you.

When are you guys planning to start ivf? Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers and thoughts.

Heyy your pregnant? Massive Congrats!! How are you?

I'm not sure when we will be starting ivf, really soon I Hope x

Hi Ladies

I hope you don't mind if I join you here. I was so glad to come across this thread. We've been trying for 18 months now with no luck. We were referred to our local assisted conception unit last year because I was worried about me only to discover DH has a sperm count of less than 1 million and that there's very little chance of us conceiving naturally.

So we're on the waiting list for isci but probably won't hear anything until this time next year. I'm finding the waiting so so hard. Everyone around me seems to be falling pregnant without any trouble and I feel like pregnant woman and babies follow me about on a daily basis so it never leaves my mind for a second!!

I'm trying to fill this year with lots of stuff to make it go quicker but its not working that well!! And friends and family mean well saying it'll be here before we know it and they are 100% sure its going to work for us but how can they know that?? And they just don't understand what its like.

Anyway, rant over!! I hope you are all doing ok. Its such a hard thing to deal with.

Baby dust
xx

Hey how come you have to wait for next year?

I've not been told anything about isci, do you think we will have to go through that too?

It's hard to deal with isn't it? But we have to think about the end thing we get to keep us going x

Its just that the waiting list for here is 2 years from the time we were initially referred which was April last year. But although its the same unit you get treated at other health boards have 12-18 month waiting lists. But we're under one of the biggest health board areas here which is why the list is so long so I guess its just the post code lottery :cry:

I think isci is just a particular form of ivf where they inject the sperm into the egg because just putting them together might not work! Its apparently ideal for low sperm counts, pretty new and has a fairly good success rate so hoping it'll work for us.

Have they given you any idea what your treatment will be? xx

Oh I think my hubby has ok mobility and so they prob won't try that 1st maybe.

Well we were told about possibly ivf was the only option when I 1st write this thread and then last Wednesday we were actually refered, so they sent out details off to the hospital we picked, we have to wait for details to be sent back to us to check there correct, then when the hospital receives them again we wait for a consultation and then hopefully we can start a few months after that. Hubby still has to see the urologist and get those results back before we go to the hospital, I'm hoping we will still be refered to ivf after the results but they may be able to find a problem and sort it so we can go on to have more babies naturally x

I bet that wait is horrible. We're at this stage now after having 8 months of tests etc and that's been hard enough after over a year of trying.

My thoughts go out to ya x

Was hoping i could join use,,, we have 2 more sa tests but looks like we will be joining the ivf waiting list in our area,,, 18 months i think,, argh!!

Its a struggle to just get on it,,, Lyns148 does it not get any easier with the wait when you finally get ur name on the list or worse?

Which area are you in? were based in the capital but plan to move to fife soon am not sure if the list is shorter there but i think it may be longer :-(

We're in Glasgow where the list is longer because the area is so big. The surrounding areas to here have shorter lists but we can't afford to move right now! I would have thought that Fife would be shorter than where you are but its hard to tell.

To be honest it does feel better to know exactly whats going on with us and be on the list waiting for our turn. Last year was awful because we had no idea why it wasn't happening for us and what that would mean. I guess I'm just being impatient! I'm trying to get myself as healthy as possible so we have the best chance at the icsi when it comes.

The only good thing was once they established that we would definitely need ivf it was 2 years from our original referral even though that was April last year and our appointment wasn't until September last year so that was 5 months off our wait.

What are they thinking is happening with you babypink2010?
xx

Anyone can join, we're all in the same boat as such and here to support each other and share our stories.

Why do you need 2 more SA tests?
Is it just your hubby with the problem? I don't ovulate that often and my hubby has a count of slightly less than 1 million.
The SA tests are normally 90 days apart coz that's when new sperm is produced x

Wishing you good luck x

hi ladies, hope you don't mind another body in your boat :winkwink: i have been reading a lot of your past posts and it seems like we are all on a crazy ride here. after a few unsuccessful IUIs we are are attempting our first round of IVF in may. we have a lot of mixed feelings but mostly looking forward to it. i am trying to keep the good vibes alive...i know most of you know that is a difficult thing to do sometimes. so i am wondering if anybody would like to give some advice for first time IVFers :winkwink: we have a dr. appt. on thurs., consultation and some sort of procedure. i will make sure to update you ladies. once again, thanks for letting me join.

Welcome Lyns, babypink and tobefruitful :hi:

Lyns and Babypink I cant begin to imagine how frustrated you are with that wiating list!!! Iv been going :wacko: and there is no waiting list with my hospital in Liverpool - the waiting for us has been attending appts for OH to have further bloods and SAs done + to see the urologist etc - we are finally now on the IVF road

tobefruitful you are ahead of me so hopefully you can give us lots of hints and tips along the way :thumbup: GL with your DR appt

Iv have starting on preparing my body for IVF with eating healthy etc - fresh everything it sooo expensive and I think I am having withdrawal symptoms from chocolate :haha:

Any idea how long you have to wait for next appointment now mummywannabe?

No still haven't a clue, we're waiting for a letter to make sure all our information is correct and then when that's sent back we will be waiting for the hospital appt, so take it that 1st appointment we will be discussing how long we will be waiting, so really looking forward to getting letters through and hoping we can start ivf as skin as poss, if it's a few months then hopefully il be starting before July x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->