• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

waiting for ivf and struggling!

Iv had a chilled out weekend just visting friends etc - OH has to work it which means me time :)

mummywannabe: where are you up to now have you started???

I have started injections - been taking them a week today - no side effects yet. Im back on the 3rd July for a baseline scan and all being well will start stimming then - eek all very exciting and real now!

Hey my lovely
Not been on here awhile. I was just thinking I had to update.
I am waiting to start my period to start taking my injections.
It's due about the 3-5th of July. I started spotting today do normally start a week later.
Hoping it starts early but doubt it. It never does when you want it.

So you've taken injections for a week, have you been back for your 1st scan?
X

Yep one week now - scan is on the 5th July so would have been DR for 20 days then so hopefully everything will be calm so I can start stimms - roll on the end of July when I will find out if its work (that is provided I get eggs, they fertilise and make it back inside!)

You havent got too long then Im wishing the next week and a half away too so I can get to the 5th x

I'm confused ha not hard!
What injections have you been taking then? X

I start my injections then 5 days later go for a scan to see if they follicles are growing then I go back every 2nd or 3rd day until they get to the right size x

ok so im down regging for about 20 days (taking buserilin) which works in a similar way to taking the pill etc - on the 5th at the scan they will see if my ovaries are calm etc so I can start stimming

I guess your on the short protocol then? Im on the long protocol

Oh I see.
Yes I'm on the short protocol as I have pcos
I'll be on a low dose too incase I get that hyper stimulation ovary syndrome x

Hey
Sorry I've not been on here.
Had a stressful month but I started my period at CD 44 way delayed and finally start doing my 1st injection this morning.
Slightly nervous but excited to be getting started x

How's everyone else? X

Hi mummywannabe..typical period starting late when you want it early! Glad you have started now though how are you finding the injections?

I had my day 10 scan today so will be taking my last lot of injections at 6pm then the trigger shot at 8pm ready for egg collection on Wednesday morning (yey) - its been such a long process cant quite believe that I may be pregnant at the end

Hubby did my 2nd Injection and hit a vein so I got an instant bruise come up and it's very lumpy and sore.
He's doing his best tho.

I go for my day 5 scan on Thursday.
Your doing injections for a short amount of time aren't you?

Wow egg collection Wednesday. Let me know how it all goes x

It's weird to think after so long we could be pregnant x

Oh did that to me to so he just sticks to mixing now

I did my down regulating injections for about 20 days then started on the stimming injection which I have taken for 9 days - dont think I could stim for any longer im really bloated and uncomfortable now cant wait to have the follies out - I have 30 but probably only half are a good size

Ive been told that I'll be doing gonal f for 12 days or could be slightly longer. On day 5 I have to start the 2nd injection but can't remember what that's called cen something.

What have you been like with going to work? Have you left ok to work and just off when you've had hospital days x

Hope you get a good amount of eggs x

I was taking Buserelin (down regging) and Menopur (stimulating) and taking Gonal F as the trigger shot.

Iv been fine with work just taken appointment days off. Its only been the last 2 days that i've started feeling uncomfortable so not too bad. Im off wednesday for EC and taking thursday off too. I intend on getting sicked off for the 2ww provided I get that far :)

I still find it weird all the different amounts of drugs different people are put on and how it all works.
Taking cetrotide from day 5 and ovitrelle as the trigger shot.

My boss said have off what you feel you need and like you I'd like the 2ww off as I've heard people don't feel that well, but will you be going back straight after the 2ww coz if we're pregnant that's the time we will prob be feeling most sickness.
I think I'll have off the 1st week and then see how I go x

Im taking the 2ww mainly to reduce stress due to the nature of my job. I know I'll be going back to it but at least I wont be stressed thinking about whether I am pregnant or not on top of it then so I will go straight back after the 2ww

When is your next scan then? It really goes quick from hereon in

Hubby and I have come away to chill out at his parents caravan.
thinking that we had at least a week like it said on my paperwork but they want me to go back on day 5 which is Thursday.
So leaving here weds night, got to be there for 9.30am so we will have to leave at 6am.
Not looking forward to that. We going to try drive to London for the 1st time x

You feeling ok about tomorrow? X
What time they want you in? X

that's rubbish cutting your break short but good that things are moving - i think it goes so quick because the appointments are close together

I have to be the hospital for 7.30am so will leave here at 6.15-6.30am - not looking forward to that because I hate mornings but I think you have the worse deal with 3 1/2 hours of travelling - hope it all goes well and you have some nice follies growing :D

It normally takes 2 and 1/2 by train but were giving ourselves 3 and 1/2 to go by car because we're not sure how lOng it will take with traffic or an accident etc
I'm not a morning person either ha

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow x
Let me know how it goes x
Good luck x

Hello well they got 19 eggs! I couldnt believe it really didnt expect that many eggs even though I had 29 follies....just got to wait for a telephone call tomorrow now to let me know how many have fertilised :)

OH is waiting on me hand and foot so im going to rest up because Im feeling a bit sore x

Yay that's great!!! 19 that's a good number.
Fingers crossed lots fertilse and you can freeze some.

Rest up and let hubby wait on you.
I'll be making mine too ha

Let me know how many fertilise x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back