waiting for ivf and struggling!

mummy.wannabe

Going through IVF
Reaction score
anyone thats had ivf or waiting for ivf will im sure know how im feeling.

ive had all tests done, im clear.
hubby has a very low sperm count, less than 1 mill.

today i just broke down, ive had an anxious feeling in my stomach allday and feeling very upset.
im waiting for the next hospital appointment to be told whats next really.
Im struggling now. I have everything ive dreamt for in my life.Got a lovely hubby, lovely big new home, great support from both sides of the family and just waiting for our life to be complete with a baby.

I know there is going to be plenty of harder times to come, but im ready for it to be my turn now x

I know how you feel sweetie, it's a very anxious time, you don't know what to expect. If I had to sum it up it's like a rollercoaster of emotions, one minute your on a high and then on a low. I've been through it twice and my ovary failed to respond to the medication as I have low ovarian reserve, so I cannot have IVF again unless I use a donar egg.

I also have a very calm and patient husband, bought my own house at 24 years old dreamt of a having baby to complete my life. But 12 years later I am still waiting for the completion, all my brothers and sisters have children, same with sister in law and friends. I am the only one thats in waiting, it's been one long journey only I know how that feels.

My brother had his little one with IVF on the first attempt after 7 years of TTC. Stay positive and focused that will help you a lot. Try not too think too much about it as you know stress can play havoc with our minds and bodies. You need to be in the best of health when you go for IVF. Praying hard that your blessed on your first attempt. Good luck hun. X

Thanks for the support.
You must have been so upset to be told you can't continue with ivf.
What's your next step? Are you having a doner egg?

I do feel glad that we've been tested early on in out ttc journey, as you say people are waiting 5 plus years with no success.
But then I worry that they will say we haven't waited long enough.

It's such a long process.
Were just waiting on the next hospital appt to come through x

Hi mummy.wannabe

I know how you feel! :wacko: OH and I have been ttc for almost 2 years now. 9 months ago we were told by our GP that in light of OHs swimmers IVF was our only option and we were referred to Liverpool Womens Hospital. 9 months later and we are still no further :dohh: OH has had a further 2 SAs, ultrasound and more bloods done. We have appointment tomorrow with the FS so hopefully we will have some more direction and at least finally get on the actual waiting list!

Summerpearl - so sorry to hear things havent worked out for you!

That's rubbish melbrum!

We haven't been told that hubby has to have more tests but I'm going to prepare myself for that coz it's not going to be as easy as letting us have the ivf now x

Mummy wannabe I know exactly how you feel too. We have been trying for a similar amount of time.

We are having iui at the moment but ivf will be the next step. Like you, we have the lovely house (4 beds that i want to fill!!) and we're happily married, all we need is a little bundle of joy to make our lives complete :)

Im sure it will happen for us - the best things come to those who wait :)

baby dust to you all xx

Hi all

just an update from me - OH and I attended the male FS today and got OH 4th set of SAs - his count is down to 6mil but motility is up to 26% - he didnt say what the morph was so assume it was the same as last time which was around 7% I think!

we were given two options - to give me clomid and look at my tubes and give OH eastrogen tablets and see what happened in 6 months or so or straight to IVF. Considering OHs count was lowest it has been and we havent been given the option of IUI the chance of getting pregnant naturally in the next 6 months are not great and we really didnt want to be in the exact same position 6months+ so we opted for IVF as we have a better chance of pregnancy

all I need to do now is wait for my appointment to come through which shouldnt take long as there is no waiting list eek!

Thanks for the support.
You must have been so upset to be told you can't continue with ivf.
What's your next step? Are you having a doner egg?

Your very welcome, I always say that we can't take each others pain away but we sure can share it:hugs:

I was devastated and thought I will never be a mother, but living in hope as given me so much strength. I really don't care what the docs tell me anymore, far too many stories and miracles have happened to those who are in much worse situation than me.

Egg donar is out of the question as it's against my faith. I live for the next month :flower:

I'd like to suggest something before you go for IVF, a few sessions of acupuncture can calm your insides and relax your state of mind and body. :hugs:

Summerpearl - so sorry to hear things havent worked out for you!

Thank You Melbram- so far it's not been good but my heart says that luck is not too far off. How are things with you sweetie ? :flower:

We are having iui at the moment but ivf will be the next step. Like you, we have the lovely house (4 beds that i want to fill!!) and we're happily married, all we need is a little bundle of joy to make our lives complete :)

baby dust to you all xx

Best of luck with the IUI and I hope you get TWINS so that at least 2 rooms can be filled :hugs::flower:

Waiting game is the hardest but well worth the wait when we our bundle of joys are handed over to us :hugs:

we opted for IVF as we have a better chance of pregnancy, all I need to do now is wait for my appointment to come through which shouldnt take long as there is no waiting list eek!

Well done hun, thats the better choices of the two, I pray from the bottom of my heart that everything works out for you. No waiting list, what more can you ask for :happydance:

Mummy wannabe I know exactly how you feel too. We have been trying for a similar amount of time.

baby dust to you all xx

Hope it all goes ok for you.im just hoping things can be done quickly for us x

Hi all

just an update from me - OH and I attended the male FS today and got OH 4th set of SAs - his count is down to 6mil but motility is up to 26% - he didnt say what the morph was so assume it was the same as last time which was around 7% I think!

we were given two options - to give me clomid and look at my tubes and give OH eastrogen tablets and see what happened in 6 months or so or straight to IVF. Considering OHs count was lowest it has been and we havent been given the option of IUI the chance of getting pregnant naturally in the next 6 months are not great and we really didnt want to be in the exact same position 6months+ so we opted for IVF as we have a better chance of pregnancy

all I need to do now is wait for my appointment to come through which shouldnt take long as there is no waiting list eek!

Wow no waiting list!! God that's brilliant! Yes take the ivf and you'll have a baby in no time. If you had to wait 6 months and didn't conceive naturally you'd be waiting a lot longer x

My hubby had another SA and there still really low! 1 mil, there's no hope of us falling naturally, really hope there's not too much of a waiting list for us either x

Summer pearl you seem such a strong lady! I'm not sure I'd be as positive as you.
Would you adopt?

How old is everyone? The doctors say coz of my age ivf would be good and the egg should take well, I'm 26, 27 in July x

I hope you get your appointment through soon mummy wannaby!

Im 24 (25 in July) and OH is 29 (30 in May) - ttc 22 months

hi ladies, may i join in? i also had the same horrible news a fortnight ago - DH has very low sperm count 1million. after ttc for 12 months every month is a struggle while i have watched all my friends and family being pregnant and have their babies. i try to keep a positive front but boy its hard!!!!

i too have a nice 4 bedroom home but so far i have to wait.
The FS has only suggested one option ICSI due to MF and my age (34).

GL ladies and i wish you all the best during your journey

Hi Aleja

Welcome to the waiting game :wacko: I think the waiting for appointments bit is the worst part! Im so impatient just want to get on with everything now.

Hi aleja
It's nice to talk to women in the same situation.

I'm very depressed this week. Were on our 19th month and ive been an emotional wreck all week, since Saturday I've cried everyday.
Hubby is feeling really guilty and I'm making him upset coz I can't stop crying.
I just can't help it.
Everything is setting me off.
I cant wait for the hospital appt to come through.

He did another test it has come back with the same results, less than 1 mill x

hi ladies,
i agree - my life has become one big long waiting period now...from one appt to the next

mummywannabe, i am so sorry to hear you are feeling depressed. it really is hard to get out of mindframe of feeling hopeless and trying not to blame our partners but you are still young and your FS is right - that your age is a great factor for ivf success. it probably won't make you feel better right now but when you get your mojo back it will be one of the things that will help you get your little baby:flower:

Just a quick update from me - I received the NHS funding application yesterday - so that's all completed and been sent back. Just hppe they deal with it asap so we can finally get things moving!

mummywannabe - hope you are feeling a little bit better now. It is a shock at first and I was the same as you and kept putting my foot in it and make OH feel bad! At the end of the day it doesnt matter whether its a male or female factor its a journey you go through together x

Wow congrats on the Nhs funding.
What sort of stuff do they ask you?

I'm feeling a lot better at the mo, having a new kitchen put in so think its taking my mind off things a bit x

The main questions they will look at is whether you have been ttc for 2 or more years and whether a fetility problem has been diagnosed - they also asked how long OH and I had been living together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->