Waiting for no.2!!

wtbmummy

Reaction score
Hi all,
So I'm back. Waiting to try for no.2
We always wanted two but due to me having kidney problems and a hard pregnancy/birth we thought we were done. Now 13months later I've had my kidneys checked and they are functioning normally :thumbup: However we have been advised if we want another to not wait to long as my kidneys will only get worse :cry:
Well I went back on the pill last week (was on depo) and I'm on a diet and eating all the right things again. Taking my folic acid and well just generally trying to get back to a state where I will be ok caryying another baby.

Hoping we will start TTC come September 2015. Anyone else out there wanting no.2 and waiting until then??? Would love to have someone to share this with on the good days (and bad days too)
Much love
Wtbmummy
Xxx

:hugs: Sorry about your kidneys, but hopefully things improve! And that you have an easier pregnancy next time around!

August/September might be our new timeframe, depending on what hubby's schedule and return is. It'll be #2 for us as well!

Hi :)

I am waiting until September time too for #2. My son will be 4 in November. I've got the coil and the moment but will probably have this removed in august so that by September/October time I will be ready to try.

I am really excited as I am sooo broody for a baby and for my son to have a sibling. The only worryinh thing is I started my job last September so will only have been there 1.5 years when I take maternity leave which isn't really great but I don't want to wait much longer. The main reason for waiting is my new job.

Also I am due to move house next year but I don't want that to stop me trying. I don't mind moving whilst pregnant or with a small baby. I'm too impatient!!!

Did it take you a while to conceive your first child? My son was a surprise so I have no idea how long it will take when we actually start trying

We are waiting for #2 as well. I am hoping we will start in July so a little sooner. We are waiting to move next month and get settled/do a bit of remodeling and for DS to turn one. I am so excited to start again as I loved being pregnant and really want DS to have a sibling close in age.

Kitteh_kat - Thanks, unfortunatly my kidneys will only get worse with age so it will be a bit sooner than originally wanted, but at least we have been told we can have another :happydance:

Kmx - I have to say I'm not suprised your feeling broody as I am starting to get broody now at almost 14months let alone 4years :winkwink: I can see your reason for wanting to wait. I was considering changing jobs due to travel and childcare but we have decided for me to stay there as will then get maternity pay and I started there when I was preg with no.1 so I know exactly how I will be treated. (Not sure if thats good or bad) :haha: We were very lucky. We did plan our lb and I was on folic acid etc.. for 6months pria. We actually only had unprotected sex ONCE!!! we knew that night we were pregnant. Strange i know but straight away we both said it was different. 2weeks later positive test :thumbup: Fingers crossed same again so I'm already on folic acid and iron tablets (was very low on iron first preg so trying to get ahead)

Krissie328 - It will be good to be settled before no.2 comes. Very close age gap your after, my younger siblings are just 22 months apart and are inseperable now. (6-8yo)
Tbh I want to start trying in august and have told dh if we do not get pregnant again by the november then to wait until may/june following year as I couldn't handle another child/birthdays next to christmas :haha:

My sister and I are 22 months and I feel like it's a good spacing. Her son is 3.5 months younger than mine so we do a lot together.

My sister and I are 22 months and I feel like it's a good spacing. Her son is 3.5 months younger than mine so we do a lot together.

Wow that sounds amazing!!! I grew up as an only child and so did my husband, we know how it can be on your own and we don't really want that for our son. I hope our kids are close like you and your sister. Xx

I am hoping to start TTC in October. It feels right. We are hoping that DH is able though, he has an enlarged testicle that we had checked via US, no cancer. But the cyst may be blocking his Vas Deferens, the doctor doesn't know until he is removing the , which we are postponing until a later date. He has another though, so hopefully it compensates.

Do any of you lovely ladies have a TTC list?
On our (to do before ttc list) we have :
1, Me pass my driving test (Do not want two under three and no car)
2, DH to get promotion (He got a new higher paying job which means he be home more. Hes starting soon)
3, Justin to be potty trained.
4, Pay off some of our debts.
5, Put some money by for a rainy day.

Whats on your lists??????

Our list is:
1. Move into the house we are buying. (Moving date is April 18th).
2. Lose some weight for a healthier pregnancy.
3. Be at my current job for a year.
4. Do some upgrading to the house.
5. Pay off our credit card.

Great lists! :) Good luck with the driving test and moving house!

1. Finish getting to my goal weight and continue with a fitness routine so I can hopefully work out this pregnancy
2. Hubby getting his promotion/time in monthly pay bump
3. Hopefully get DD potty trained so we're only buying/changing one set of diapers
4. Finish downsizing and clearing out the things we don't need so when we move to a 3 Bedroom house there isn't as much to transfer over
5. Get around to re-decorating the bedroom so it's more cozy and sexy
6. Enjoy this summer with my daughter, just the two of us!

Paying off our credit card was the biggest reason, but we were able to pay that off last month with our tax return. :happydance:

Good lists! I have my list too, I think it helps to make waiting seem like the sensible thing to do, otherwise I would TTC tomorrow!

My list is
1. Be in my job for a year
2. Pass my first year in my graduate job, lose my graduate title and become fully qualified, get a pay rise (hopefully this will be in September).
3. Save a large portion of my wage just now so I can live comfortably without worrying whilst on maternity leave.
4. Eat healthy and exercise regularly so I can continue this in pregnancy.
5. Spend as much one to one time with my LO.
6. Go on a hen night and wedding in august which will hopefully be the last time I drink alcohol for a while!

So the list is
1. DH graduates this May with his MBA, very proud of him. :thumbup:
2. Move to wherever he chooses to take his job, Maryland is looking the best ATM, they have given the best offer so far.
3. Stop the methotrexate after moving to get it out of my system before TTC (4 months off to be sure of no birth defects)

That's basically it, we will still rent, and intend to pay down some debts such as student loans before we commit to a home of our own, but that will be ongoing for several years. No credit card debt, just low interest student loans.

Eeep! I'm so glad I found this! Can I join? We'll be ttc #2 in Sept also :) DH is graduating next fall and so we wanted to wait so the baby would be born after graduation but I REALLY want a summer baby so we have 3-4 cycles to make it happen! (Of course we would continue past that, but I'm really hoping Sept-Nov will work out) My list is similar, mostly lose weight and tone up. Also, my cycles have been pretty much infertile since DS was born (short LP) so I'm going to see my doctor in June and try to have that addressed BEFORE it becomes an issue :p

Hi southernbound :hi:
Sorry to here your having fertility issues this time round. Hopefully you can get them addressed soon :)
Looks like we all have similar goals. I don't think I mentioned my weight loss but need to lose about 2stone :(
I lost all the weight gained from pregnancy with 12weeks but as ds got older and started eating well.... I feed him 6-7times a day and guess I've been picking whilst making his food more than i realized :blush:
I just started slimming world on Monday and have been trying to be more active too. Anyone else on a diet plan?? Xx

I have been trying to low carb. I need to go lower to start losing more weight as I have been a bit indulgent lately.

I just calorie count and exercise for more calories... it's easier for me to stick to it if I can still have everything in moderation. :haha:

southernbound - hopefully you get it sorted out! :hugs:

Aw thanks! It's probably a pretty easy fix, LP only needs to go up by 3 days or so.

I feel ya girls on the weight loss. The last 5 lbs from DS just won't budge. Clothes all fit again but I don't think my overall shape will ever be the same :haha:

Anyone hoping for a particular gender this time around? (Of course I know we all just want healthy babies but dreams are fun :p)

I love having a little girl, so I wouldn't mind another! Hubby was warned to not be surprised if we only have girls, due to the type of equipment he's exposed to for his job... I'm okay with that! :haha:

Have you tried different exercises or eating at a slightly larger deficiency? The last pounds are the toughest!

Are you hoping for a certain gender?

Frankly if I eat a larger deficiency (Which I've tried) it's so little that my body goes into panic mode and I gain weight. Running helps a bit, but I walk about 12 miles a day at work and most of it's stairs so by the end of the day if I run my knees are so jacked up by nighttime I can't move. I need to do more upper body I suppose because I don't think my lower body can take much more (and it's fit anyways)

I really want a girl and my husband DESPERATELY wants a girl but my son is a blast so I won't be upset if we have another boy. We're still going to try swaying for a girl though :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->