Waiting is hard. How soon can I test?!

MissR

R+R+J+Dot
Reaction score
Hi everyone, haven't really posted in this section before but we stopped using protection around 3 months ago, so I feel I belong here now ☺️ I have been off the pill for around a year now due to how it was making me feel. We have been using condoms for that period of time but have just stopped using them. We already are blessed with a beautiful little girl and are ready for another. We will just let it happen when it happens!

According to my ovulation app on my phone I was ovulating around the time we had sex (10th jan), the first day of my last period was 29th December so now i am approx a week past ovulation. Around 3 days ago I had a doc appt that is unrelated but she had to do a pregnancy test as I said there's a possibility. This came back negative which id gather it would so soon after ovulation. I could still be pregnant though right?! When can I test next with there being the slimmest chance it would show if I was? I'm so impatient! Just want to know now!! Xx

I would wait until you are at least 10DPO, but even then it could still be too early. If you are going to test that early you should use an early detection test like First Response. Good luck :)

Hiya cataleya32, thanks for your reply! I tested yesterday and got a BFN :( I'm still holding on hope that it's just too early and I could still get a positive in a week or so's time! Just very hard to wait that long! X

Personally I'd wait till a week after your next cycle is 'scheduled'! I went for blood work and the pregnancy test came back negative after 10DPO yet I still "feel" it's wrong.

I know what you mean peanut112, I've been symptom spotting since this BFN and feel like there's still this chance I could be. How many DPO are you now? Are you going to retest? I'm going crazy with the wait over here! X

I'm not exactly sure, MissR. I've lost count! But I'll be waiting for when AF is supposed to show up.... That way I'm sure those hormones can't be wrong. Mwhahahaha!

Well... At least more accurate. This would be my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect.

How many DPO are you?

Do you know what date your AF is due? I would think its best to wait till then to test as more of a chance of getting a better result! With my first pregnancy I had no symptoms at all, didn't feel pregnant, had no idea so you could have no symptoms and still could be! I'm 11DPO I think. Just took another test and BFN! I'm way too impatient!! Xx

It should be here on the 23rd! I swear I get symptoms even if I'm not pregnant :/ My OH constantly jokes that I'll be one of those woman without any symptoms at all, just because I have them now. My fingers are crossed for you! :) What are you hoping for? Gender wise.

Oh so not long to go till AF should arrive then! Haha it is strange because you could have zero symptoms and be pregnant and have loads of what feel like symptoms and not be! You must let me know when you take a test! We are hoping for a boy as we already have our beautiful girl. But obviously would be equally happy no matter what :) what about you? X

I definitely will let you know! Unfortunately funds are restricted right now and I don't know about there but so far what I've seen pregnancy tests are rather expensive here. I'd love to have a boy as well. I've always wanted a boy lol but I'd be happy with either!

It depends on the brand here... Some are pricey but you can get cheap ones. Why don't you order some online? They are usually cheaper and you get bigger packs. Here's hoping we both get what we want :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->