Waiting on ADOS result going insane with worry

Mammy to two
Reaction score
Hi All,
My little boy had an ADOS done last Monday and I am nervously awaiting the results. So stressful. I not sure how it will go as he was really interactive with the doctor smiling at him etc. however, he didn't do any of the pretend play couldn't do cleaning his teeth, didn't feed the doll or blow the candles out on the cake. Did ask for the balloon to be blown up again and again. Oh i don't know I'm going round in circles. He did fixate on one toy for ages at the free play but was able to be drawn away from it eventually. He wasn't distracted at all by a rabbit which made a noise and moved its ears as he was busy playing with a fire engine. It is so hard to know what they are looking for. Anyone got any ideas??? Please help before i drive myself insane.

Hi my son had this test too. I can dig out his results if you want. Try not to worry as either way he is still your son xxx

Hi there,

(Hugs) Its so hard isnt it?

They wont just be looking at how your son responds to play, but how he interacts and communicates too. You'll probably know yourself they will be looking for imaginative play (how old is your son btw) Its a positive sign that your little boy was interacting and smiling at the Dr. You couldnt keep my son in the same room as any of the health professionals and he wouldnt engage in anything without alot of time and effort.
You'll be very worried right now, understandably so.

PM me if you need someone to talk to. I found this the most agonising time.

Xx

My son is 3 years and 5 months. Thanks for replying.

they said they would send a letter in about a week. It was a week yesterday, post has been today and still no news. Wish I could just phone and ask !!!
I love him so much and I find it difficult to understand, if we got a diagnosis maybe things would make sense like why he head butted his childminder yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->