Waiting on doctor

Wobbles does know best when it comes to Caitlin! Don't be hard on yourself hun, you do feel helpless when they are ill.

Glad she is feeling a bit better now.

:hugs: to you all xxx

Glad she's feeling a bit better today, Wobbles.

Ditto what KX says. "Mother knows best"? Mother is the one who has to make an educated guess in a crisis more like! :hugs:

Glad she has picked up hun and showing signs of improvment and like KX said, don't be too hard on yourself. You do know best. :hugs:

Xx

Oh the poor mite! - Its horrible when they are poorly at such a young age, its quite scarey too isnt it?

Glad she seems better today though.

Certainly scarey - I wonder if its any more serious and what should I do should I do this or that incase ....

Feel helpless and I can't hold her much when shes poorly or sick I panic and feel more upset/useless which isn't good I should comfort her not hand her to OH like shes a problem (shes not its just the panic feeling).

Shes back to powder milk today - last bottle was ok :thumpup: so fingers crossed. I am going to ring HV in morning to cover things and ease my mind part of the do it have it all covered feeling.

hey wobbles what your saying sounds very familier to me, when i had my son i had him on sma but had no probs, when he was a few weeks old he had the same thing your daughter is going through, he had the runs and threw up every ounce of milk i gave him i thought he was seriously ill because it carried on for few days he wouldn't hold nothing down, i took him to the doc and she told me its very common for young babies to get gastric which is basically diahorra and sickness, she perscribed me something called diaoralite (i think thats how its spelt) and what it does is replaces the lost fluids so the baby doesnt get dehydrated its a powder that u mix with cooled boiled water and it has no taste and i was told not to feed him milk again just this stuff for 24 hours. im not saying this is what your poor buba has at the moment but it does sound very much like it, just try and give her cooled boiled water for now until doc tells u whats wrong just so she doesnt dehydrate, if it is gastric she will be fine its not dangerous and very common my son suffered with it lots actually thinking back at it, i felt so sorry for him when he had it.
let us know how she is hun and try not to worry x x

Doc mentioned something about her head and poss her being slightly dehydrated which is why Im going to ring HV moro to see if she will call out. I need to register Caitlin at the docs only got her birth registered on Friday.

Oh shes been fine most of day last bottle not too long ago she brought a bit of sick up - it appears thick though rather than watery! but her poos are watery still!

Ended up at doctors past 5 :| She didn't keep down two bottles still has running nappies. Scared me as it flew over her basket, over her, over me I just held her up near crying and needed OH to take over the situation :cry: Just wasn't taking it anymore I wanted this on record with the local quack and for them to see her over and they did. Seems ok felt her tummy etc if she brings up another feed like that between now and morning Ive to take her back if I don't go back moro morning shes getting HV to check on us in the week. Shes not dehydrated anymore (although out of hrs quack said only slightly) they just want to keep an eye on situation basically. Said something about inside LOs something can be tighter making feeding problems and highly sick whist runny nappies like Caitlins can sometimes be bnormal for some babies. But an eye anyway whist she has no temp and tummy feels fine.

Have to see but I hate her being like that :cry: Im a mess and I should be calm for her!

Oh Wobbles, sorry to hear that Caitlin has been poorly.

It's so scary seeing them be so sick and it's difficult to know what to do for the best.

Do they think it could be a condition or a bug? (sorry didn't read pages 2 and 3). Hope she's feeding better soon, I know you'll be really worried. Hugs xx

Update above your reply Lucy :hugs:

Hehe! x

Poor little dear. it sounds to me like a Lactose intolerance but then I am not qualified to make an opinion on it. You can check for dehydration by the fontenelle if it is sunken this usually indicates this. I would try and give her some warm boiled water and if her tummy seems uncomfy a warm flannel on her belly it will soothe her and make you feel like you are taking control of the situation.

It is scarey I know i used to sht myself if Chloe so much as sneezed as a baby but a second child I think you get more chilled. You are doing well and you have a good mothers instinct.

Hope she perks up soon hun

Bex.x

Oh wobbles I really do feel for you.

I do hope she picks up soon for you hun.

I cant imagine how difficult it must be..

:hugs: Xx

Was wondering about lactose intolerance - is there no way to be definate (a test)?

I'm sorry to hear she's not feeling well :hugs: I hope she starts feeling well soon...

Maybe try a lactose intollerant formula and see if theres any difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->