Waiting out depo...urgh.

Punk_Mum86

pregnant with number 2!!!
Reaction score
Hey ladies.
Well, I decided to go for the injection, and then wished I hadn't! Now Our circumstances have changed dramatically (for the better) :thumbup: and we have decided we're finally definite about going to try for a baby #2! Yay! I still have 6 weeks left until the injection runs out, and who knows how long after that for everything to return to normal :dohh:

Anyone here in a similar position? I've started working out and focusing on getting super healthy in the mean time, (keep me busy) :winkwink:

I'm hoping I'm not really unlucky and it takes forever, a bit nervous about all that...

Anyway, that's my story! Feel free to tell me yours!:flower:

My oh wasn't ready and I went to the gynae for my endometriosis, we decided to do a 6 month course of zoladex which puts ur body into a temporary menopause, not long after I had my first one my oh said when ur ready we can try, I knew that I had to continue with the treatment more than anything to make sure my issues were gynae related and nothing else so iv been waiting since then. My final one runs out on 11th October so after that its all up to my body and I will be in limbo.

It's a horrid situation to be in but our bodies will get there in time xx

I'm in almost the same position! Had my first (and to be only) depo shot in July as we were originally going to wait till LO was 2-3 years old to try for #2 but I've since changed my mind and I now want a smaller age gap. My next shot is due 23rd October so I am going to let the nurse know I won't be having it and just see what she says about conceiving after it, I know it can take a year to get your cycles back but I'm hoping it won't! I think we'll still use protection (just condoms) till January though as I want a small age gap but not THAT small!! :haha:

It would be lovely to have ladies to wait with, I'm terrible at waiting :blush: :wacko:

I'm terrible at waiting too! So impatient! My next shot is due at the start of November, I'm planning to take ovulation tests from that time out of curiosity more than anything, I would like to know exactly when I begin to ovulate again! Our dd is 5 so we have a HUGE age gap! I had a bad birth having her and that scared me off for a long time!

aww chick :hugs:
depo is awful & i wish id never had it.. i didnt learn my lesson from before having LO.. been off it since Aug 2012 now, took a while for my periods to come back & there still crazy now!
i wish you luck :D hope your a lucky one who falls pregnant straight away!!

Hi ladies. I had one shot and only one. We then decided we wanted to ttc baby #1. That was in feb. I started reading up about it and saw a lot of scary stories. It took 3 months to get any sort of period and starting regulating by the 4th. It's about 8 months now and they have been regular the last 3 months. Last two have been 25 days on the dot. I found what helped a lot was I went straight onto multi vitamins/pre natal, drank loads of water and a cup of green tea a night to flush it out. I heard excercising and sweating helps the process move along a lot faster. Good luck ladies xx

I'm in the same position. I had a depo shot on May 13th, so I was due for it to be renewed on August 5th, then when you add on the two extra weeks it actually expired on August 19th. Today is 6/8 weeks (depends how you look at it) since my shot ran out and all I have had was irregular intermittent light spotting (usually only after sex) - I am getting really frustrated because my depo weight hasn't even started shifting yet either!

The depo weight is a bugger to shift, 7 years later and I'm still trying to shift the 5 stone I put on in a year!!

My weight seems to be OK so far, although I have found that my appetite went through the roof within a week of getting the shot, I'm hoping that working out will help keep the weight gain to a minimum. I've lost 2 and a half stone so I would be really upset if it piled back on :grr:

I just wish I hadn't got it now, but what can you do, no point dwelling on the past! What's done is done! :dohh:

I'm counting down the days to when my next shot is due though, I want this crap out of my system! I think it has screwed me up emotionally as well.
I read that it continues to build in your system until three weeks post shot, then it hits it's peak and slowly begins to come down, at about 3 weeks I had a massive argument with oh, and was crazy upset. I wonder if it was all down to the stinking shot?! Who knows...

My weight is OK but I've only had one shot, the nurse did say I may put on weight but she was talking about over the year.

I've had a really bad tummy the past few weeks but I'm not sure if it's the depo or IBS, my IBS seemed to disappear when I was pregnant but I had terrible morning sickness for most of my pregnancy so it may have just mingled with that! My hormones are all over the place but I put this down to postpartum hormones...who knows indeed!

I agree punk_mum86 I regret ever having the shot but nothing I can do now :dohh:

Does anyone know how long it actually takes to leave your system? My next shot is due 23rd October so is that when it will be out my system or does it take some time after that? (Possible TMI alert) Before I got pregnant my cycles had always been regular like clock work, I started bleeding for what I thought was my first postpartum period last Tuesday but now I'm wondering if it's just the depo messing my body around. My period did used to come at this time so I'm fingers crossed it is!

Guess we just have to wait and see...:coffee:

It can take anywhere from a few weeks after your missed shot up intil 18 months. Mine took about 6 months to come back regularily.

Hey,
I got the depo shot back in December and i regret it the most. It's September and my cycles still hasn't regulated. Sometimes i spot for the whole month and other times i have a full heavy period the whole month. I only had one shot and i wish i would've listened to everyone telling me not to get on the shot, but unfortunately i didn't listen. But I'm on the pill right now in hopes of regulating my cycle. I never knew one shot could do this to me

Thanks CathiiNoo :flower:

I went to the nurse practitioner today about coming off depo and she seemed to think as I'd only had one shot it shouldn't take long at all to get out my system and should be good to go by Christmas. Everything else I've read states otherwise but just trying to be positive :shrug:

I also only had one shot. We have been ntnp since feb and ttc the passed 6 months.. It took about 6 months for my cycle to regulate properly which isn't bad considering a lot of women battle for years after the shot xxxx

I was on depo for a year and got pregnant with LO 8 months after going off it. My cycle was not back to normal, the cycle before that I was a month late because my hormones were still so whacky. There's no reason you can't start trying now- or at least NTNP- some people get pregnant while on depo, and hopefully you can catch the first cycle that you're able to get pregnant. :thumbup:

The depo weight is a bugger to shift, 7 years later and I'm still trying to shift the 5 stone I put on in a year!!

This. I hadn't gained weight in years, then put on loads of weight in a year. :growlmad: The pregnancy didn't help, but I feel really hopeless about losing it...

I regret taking depo. It screwed up my joints further, it meant there was no chance of recanalization before pregnancy, the weight gain, etc. I actually wonder if the depo is why I got so badly broody. I was not at all before getting on it- then about 6 months on it and bam.
The only good thing about it is that when we got pregnant was the perfect timing, there was a 2 month window that would have been really good to get pregnant and we got pregnant the first month. If i possessed more foresight we could've identified that on our own, though.

The things we do to our bodies! :dohh:

I had read that even if you didn't have your period/your cycles weren't regular then there's still a chance you could get pregnant. It's all ifs, ands or buts though! In an ideal world I'd like to conceive anywhere between next Feb-July but I'm going to do my best to "just go with it"! :haha:

How is everyone else doing?

I'm hoping that I get lucky and fall pregnant quickly, apparently my mum was on the pill (not the same as depo, I know) but she stopped taking it and fell with me before she even had a period! Hopefully it's as easy for me...
I'm determined to be positive and not worry too much! :)

Also, as unlikely as it is, I would love to be pregnant for Christmas!!:happydance:
I very much doubt that will happen, but hey, I'm allowed to hope!:dohh:

I have been on the Depo for a year.. I was due my next one in march but I didn't go!!

I wish I had never gone... But hey here we are!!

I have had a slight period which was in April but nothing since!!

I am tempted to try fertility blend but want to hear a few more reviews before I do!?!

I have also heard about people going onto the pill to try and jump start your periods... Has anyone tried this??

I hope we all get this Depo out of our systems soon and get little bundles!! :))

Hugs and baby dust :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->