waiting til... weightloss? anyone else?

Kristalebear1

<3 Isobel's Mommy <3
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm waiting to try for #2 currently and I'm not sure til when really.. Before baby I was 218, due to undiagnosed GD and Pre E (and my diet which became pretty awful) I was 293lbs at delivery. I'm now 266, my LO is 11 months, and I'm changing my life style! I badly badly want baby #2 but honestly I know I do not want it at this weight. We are wtt til I'm at least down to 180lbs. It feels so hard &#128542;

Yep !! I've been trying to lose my last 14lb of baby weight for over a year, I lose it then gain it again.

I was overweight when I got pregnant 199lb & gained 35lb, it took me a year to lose 21lb .. although I have lost a lot of inches due to exercise. My size in clothes now is the same as before R but my weight is still 14lb more.

To be honest I am sick of fighting with the scales. I be really really good lose barely anything then as soon as i'm naughty I gain it back & more.

At the moment I am sticking to a low carb high protein diet which seems to be going well so far. I'm doing the weight watchers plan but trying to not eat many carbs/bread.

I would highly recommend exercise. Although i'm overweight i'm quite fit. I do 6 exercise classes a week, bootcamp style, the kind of thing you see on biggest loser. I dropped 2 dress sizes quite quickly. If you can't get to classes Jillian Michaels 30 day shread dvd is similar to what I do.

Lets do this!! Thinking back to when I was pregnant with R I can't imagine how tired I was then & having to look after a toddler too :(

Oh & when people say breastfeeding makes you lose weight ... R breastfed for 19months, most of my weight loss was done once R stopped breastfeeding!!

It seems really hard and I'm going to share my story with you. I weighed 281 when I got pregnant with my first (And that was after losing 40lbs due to PCOS diagnoses). I was not trying, but she is my blessing. After having her and having GD in the pregnancy, I knew if I didn't want to have diabetes I had to change my life. In 4 months I lost about 40-50lbs. So I was around 230. I was feeling great when I got pregnant with my 2! I promised myself I would eat healthy and have a fit pregnancy. Unfortunately I had a lot of nausea and food aversions. I really craved pizza and fried chicken :-(. Needless to say I found my way back to 288. I was so unhappy with myself and I just decided enough is enough. Last June I started eating healthier, I slowly worked up to exercising. I just made myself do it. Today I weigh 190! I still need to get down further, however the only advice I can really hand you is no excuses, make time to exercise. I know it's hard I have two toddlers (one is disabled) and I work. I'm tired and I don't want to but I do it. Prepare your meals, or only buy healthy options otherwise it's too hard not to fail. And finally realize you are human give yourself cheat days, but come right back! You can do anything you really want to! Good luck!

I gained so much in my last pregnancy. Down to the last 8-10lbs now, but it's so hard!
Good luck-it'll be all worth it when you are trying to get pregnant.

I am about the same size as you are, and have been up and down When i was pregnant with my first son i weighed 150 at the start (my lowest weight) and i gained 100lbs during the pregnancy :( I havent lost any of it, and now I am married and have had my second son and i gained 30lbs this last pregnancy and i weigh the most i ever have. I have way too many excuses why not to fix it even though im unhappy with my weight, but I know before we try for another i need to lose weight. My body hurts being this big, and I'm reeaally tired of it. My apartment complex has a gym, theres a pool, and i have a double stroller..and still no umph to do anything about it :/

I am about the same size as you are, and have been up and down When i was pregnant with my first son i weighed 150 at the start (my lowest weight) and i gained 100lbs during the pregnancy :( I havent lost any of it, and now I am married and have had my second son and i gained 30lbs this last pregnancy and i weigh the most i ever have. I have way too many excuses why not to fix it even though im unhappy with my weight, but I know before we try for another i need to lose weight. My body hurts being this big, and I'm reeaally tired of it. My apartment complex has a gym, theres a pool, and i have a double stroller..and still no umph to do anything about it :/

I find exercising the hardest since my LO is a Velcro baby haha. So far I've lost 10lbs just eating right with My Fitness Pal, and I also created an instagram. Its so hard for me though, its such a struggle, and I'm beyond depressed at times from it. My body hurts to, my hips especially which is where I carry alot of weight. Start small &#128522;, I started with cutting out 1 bad thing, I replaced soda with sparking water flavored with fruit with no added sugar or fake sweeteners. Then I cut chips, and anything fried. And so on, while I do consume carbs (complex only) I plan to do a 1 month low carb goal for a boost. I also added in good as I took out bad, and replaced the bad with similar healthy options. I'm not perfect.. In fact i slipped up hard tonight. But just take small steps, they will add up in the end. The one thing that really has helped (even though my journey has just started) was water i drink about 160oz a day.

Oh & when people say breastfeeding makes you lose weight ... R breastfed for 19months, most of my weight loss was done once R stopped breastfeeding!!

YES! So true, its hard to lose weight while breastfeeding, but I've heard that can be caused by the hormones though. I try to exercise about 2-3 times a week but I have a very clingy Velcro baby so I've decided to start walking the stairs with her for 20 mins in the morning. I'm hoping to get swimming soon to!

I'm WTT my second. I agreed with hubby last week that I was going to start this NHS 12 week fitness program and try to eat more healthily and we would try once I had finished it. Anyway, I'm just finishing a weekend of nightshifts and as from tomorrow I'm on it. I hope that TTC is enough incentive to stick to it.

Hi! I was pretty tiny when I got pregnant with my first but that was almost twelve years ago now and I haven't had any other pregnancies since. I never did lose my baby weight with him and gained more on top of it, up to a peak of 230 while standing only 5'0" :( I'm down to 190 now but wanting to get down to at least 150 lbs before officially trying for number two, so we're NTNP for the moment. On the plus side, my weight has never caused me any health issues other than lack of energy. I do suspect that it's the reason I haven't had a second pregnancy in all those years though, because aside from the weight nothing has changed since I had my first.

It's nice to hear from people who are in the same boat as me. Good luck to you all and stick with it!! :D

Me! Determined I'm going to lose weight so that I can feel more onside the this summer and for ttc, really hoping getting healthy for ttc wil keep focused.

I was overweight before I had #1, and gained even more after she was born she's 3 now, and I reached an all-time high of 193 lbs at 5 feet 7. Over the past couple of months I have lost 19 pounds, and have 16 left to go before I'm at a healthy BMI, i.e. not overweight any more. My goal is to get down to 135 before #2. I am definitely WTT, but am currently having a "scare." Admittedly the biggest disappointment would be not achieving my dream of being pregnant at a healthy weight and feeling great.

Hello everyone! I'm waiting to try for #2 currently and I'm not sure til when really.. Before baby I was 218, due to undiagnosed GD and Pre E (and my diet which became pretty awful) I was 293lbs at delivery. I'm now 266, my LO is 11 months, and I'm changing my life style! I badly badly want baby #2 but honestly I know I do not want it at this weight. We are wtt til I'm at least down to 180lbs. It feels so hard &#128542;

Hi hun,

I am also far overweight and think it might be one of the reasons why hubby is reluctant to have a third apart from finances and space.

I am planning on doing the 28 day diet if you want to join? I need to loose about 5 stone :(

I am also breastfeeding, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, babywearing sahm mommy :)

I am finally feeling ready to get my weight down, my husband has gained significantly as well and is on the same path but we all know men can have it easier...plus hes got a 100lb head start on me..yikes. i am so ready to feel healthy and good again, i want to run and wrestle with my boys.

Anybody else ready to get going? I have cut my calories significantly and am using my fitness pal, eating healthy..i need to drink more water. So far in the last week no change but Im hopeful. Would love to talk to someone else on the same path!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->