Waiting to find out if we got the house....!!

Emiloo

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
We haven't been looking for a house seriously for very long (about 2 months) but we have already found the house!! It is a 3 bed semi-detached house in need of updating. We could make this a beautiful family home :) It is up for £220,000 which we can't afford but don't feel it is worth this anyway.

First we offered £190,000, which got declined 12 hours after the offer (we knew it would be) Then almost 24 hours ago, we offered £200,000 which is our maximum limit... we have heard nothing since!! We are hoping the silence is a good thing!!!

The estate agents told us that before he has declined offers below £200,000 but has just lost his job and is in need of cash. So, were hoping he will accept. (He doesn't live in this house, he rents it out and is empty at the moment)

Because it is at the top end of our limit, OH has told me that if we get this house, we'll have to delay TTC (he has said 3 years... but we'll see!!) This house is worth it, and in the long run will benefit our future babies :)

Wish us good luck!!

Bought our first house nearly 6 months ago now... Its such a stressful (expensive!) process!! Full of heartbreak and worry, hope you get the house!

I didnt realise how important it was to me to have our own home for my children, now we've got it...its the best feeling knowing this is our nest egg, and a stable future for our babies!

Best of luck sweetie x

Best of luck. Sounds perfect. Fingers crossed! :)

Good luck, hope he accepts your offer :)

Thanks, ladies!! Still nothing. I'm off work at the moment, recovering from an op so I have nothing to do and can't stop checking my phone!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you! Hope you hear soon for the sake of your sanity - its horrible waiting on an important phone call like that! X

Ooooooh good luck!!! We are going to start this process soon, and I am nervous. I hope it goes well for you. :D

Good Luck! We are in the beginning stages of house buying. We have talked to a realtor and mortgage broker and are waiting to hear back on what we have been approved for.

Still waiting. It sucks!!!! I'm now not sure if it's a good thing that we haven't heard back yet. I want to call the estate agents but everyones saying just to wait. But I'm soooo impatient. This is such a big thing. I mean, if he accepts, then my life is changed forever!!!!

fingers crossed for you!!! House buying is the worst an extreme emotional rollercoaster.
eeeek but that first time you unlock your front door! so exciting!

Eek how exciting & stressful!!
i hope he accepts :D

Thank you, ladies. Still not heard a word and obviously wont hear anything today- so hopefully will hear back tomorrow! Fingers crossed!!

Well he's not turned you down, so is most likely thinking about it as a serious Possibility. Keep us posted. Try to keep busy, I know it must be hard waiting.

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to tell myself- no news is good news!! Not got much to do today, but I know I wont be hearing anything today so I'm not feeling too bad. Tomorrow I'm going Christmas shopping with my mum and sister so that should keep me busy!

Well, I gave in and rang up the estate agents today! They have told me that the owner has had "a few offers" and said he would get back to them by today so we should hear from them tomorrow eeeek!! I emailed over them our official mortgage agreement in principle to them so they know that we are serious and ready to go :) ahhh!!

How exciting but very nerve-racking! Keeping my fingers crossed for you x

Oh, good luck, it's nervewracking waiting to hear. We were lucky it only took a few hours, but the owner was absolutely desperate to sell, and though we initially offered 170 (asking price 185), we were expecting to be knocked back. We went up to 178, and that's what they accepted. That's great that you have your agreement in principle, it helps so much, I think, because you really are ready to go and have no faffing around to do before getting the ball rolling.

I hope you do hear back tomorrow and that it's a BFY (big fat yes) :D

I am sooooo wishing for a BFY!!! Hopefully we'll hear back in the morning because I don't think I can wait much longer! If there genuinely have been more offers, hopefully they have been lower than ours or are in a worse position than us as we are living with our parents so can move whenever!!

If there have been higher offers, well we can't offer any higher so what will be, will be!! We are looking at the silver lining if we are rejected, that being that we can save for longer!!

Aww. What a wait for you guys to find out! Fingers are still crossed for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->