Waiting to tell

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
It's driving mad insane :hissy: I'm not so much talking about family as they will think that we've gone mad having another baby but more friends. I am a host for another forum and come here to discuss pregnany issues as I didn't want to tell them until I have my scan next month. But that seems like ages away and I'm going to burst soon. I've just even typed out my announcement and immediately deleted it as I just know if I say anything I'll jinx it.

Everyone else on there is announcing pregnancies but I just can't bring myself to press the 'Submit New Thread' button just incase. I've got to wait 4weeks 5 days till my next scan (not that I'm counting :blush:).

Ow and I thought that once you see a heartbeat on u/s your chances of miscarriage go down but I googled it (I know I shouldn't have) and it says they are still the same.

Sorry I have a feeling I'm going to drive you all mad till my next scan :blush:

aww I know what you mean.

But then again, I told some of my close friends really early - as did I tell my family. I couldnt hide it from my friends as they'd be sure to notice I wasnt drinking over Christmas adn I really wanted to tell my family. I was too excited!

Its not rbought me any bad luck so far. I didnt tell my work friends and boss till this week though.

I couldn't go that long without telling! We told his family the first night after our BFP, and told my family the next day. I hadn't even been to the doc to confirm it yet, we had only just got the BFP! LOL.
Good luck keeping it secret! :hugs:

awwww. ive told everyone and i think you just have to go with the flow. as you know... snowball and i are both due on the same day. so just got for it! my dad was so pleased to be a grandad its his first grandchild. i told everyone at the dinner table on boxing day and i felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders x x x

i didnt tell anyone til 3 months and ive just started telling some other ppl now, i am one of those keep it quiet ppl will notice kind of ppl, but i still sympathize

when u feel the need just come tell us on the forum lol

I told friends and family when i was about 8 weeks, i only told work last week though when i hit 13 weeks because i thought they would be really peeved off.

Its nice when your family do know tho, i have been getting really spoilt!

I couldn't keep my mouth shut, most people knew with in the first week of me finding out.

It´s so hard keeping it all to yourself when really you want to shout it from the rooftops.

I told family when I was about 7-8 weeks and other close friends a couple of weeks later. I´d already had to tell work, because I can´t fly anymore, but not many colleagues at work have realised yet that I´m not flying anymore (the one advantage of not seeing the same people every day). I´m waiting til my scan on Friday before I offcially announce it to everyman and his dog!!!!

We told our family at 8.5 weeks and then have started spreading the word from there. I didn't tell work till this week (i'm 10w6d). It just depends on when you feel ready.

It was hard for us to decide who we should tell off the bat and who had to wait till after our parents knew, we were seeing them in december at 10 weeks. We ended up telling a couple of friends, and another couple (good friends who are TTC, just started, and a friend who I was asking questions to. Other than that I wanted my daddy to be one of the first to know (first grandchild!) It was so hard not to tell over the phone but I figured that we were travelling 1500 kms one way at christmas it was as good a time as any. But I had already weaseled my way into getting a dating scan so, I'd seen the heartbeat and everything and it was also finally "real" to me.

Oh, just tell 'em! We were going to wait too, but then just couldn't keep it in. The way we figure it, if something goes wrong, we will need just as much support as we do now knowing we are pregnant. Hiding something this big is stressful and not good for you. If you are excited, spread the joy!!!

We found out we were pregnant 10dpo. Our parents (and extended family) knew within 24 hours of that. :blush:

:cloud9:

I told my mum and OH and everyone else after 12 weeks

I've done it. I've come out! I was so nervous!

Fingers crossed I haven't jinxed it!

It's hard holding great news in, but it's up to you if you want others to know or not. We told parents and a few family members and some people at work. That was it for the first 9-10 weeks, then I sent out Christmas cards to the family and told them that way. Then I started telling more people at work since it's out in the open now. We were waiting to see the doctor before making it known for good. I bet you are about to burst, it's just makes you mad cause you just want to share it with everyone. Good luck on making a decision and congrats on your little onw. Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.:happydance:

I found out at 6weeks and we only told good friends and immediate family, the rest will find out at 12 weeks , only 10 more days too go !

With my last pregnancy we found out when I was 4 weeks and we told my family when I was 5 weeks. We weren't going to but we went to my cousins wedding all in one vehicle and it's a 4 hours drive. I was stopping the car at every garage to run to the bathroom lol. So we told them half way there while having breakfast. We told them to keep it secret from my cousins and aunt since it wasn't our day. The rest of my family found out 2 days later along with my husbands family.
At 7 weeks we started telling friends. When we found out I'd had a missed abortion at 9 weeks it didn't exactly help having people know. If it wasn't my mom telling me the doctor could be wrong and my father-in-law telling me about a collegue who almost lost her baby because they said she'd had a missed abortion when she hadn't it was friends coming and congratulating me a week after the incident.
So this time round we decided no one will find out because no one can keep quiet. :)

However I have told my one friend. But I know for a fact that the news will stay right there. It wont get out. I had to tell someone it was driving me insane and I felt alot better once I'd gotten it out.

We're waiting to see a heartbeat first.

I know how you're all feeling! I am only 7 weeks on Monday and I want to tell the world! It is driving me mad as it is all I can think about but I am so terrified that something is going to go wrong.
I have had pains from virtually day one - I have already had a scan as they thought it could be eptopic so I have already seen the flutter of a heatbeat on my dot! lol! But still I am petrified!

i think you did the right thing in telling!
I dont believe in jinxing. What will be will be. And if your friends know and soemthing goes wrong - least they'll be there to comfort you? Maybe just let them know you dont want the whole world knowing just quite yet.

It's nice to show friends you trust them anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->