Waiting until 2017

Kiki1993

Reaction score
I think I'm the only one here but anyone else want to join?
Our official date is June 2017 (but could be any time from January 2017). Anyone else waiting with me?

January 2017

February 2017

March 2017

April 2017

May 2017

June 2017

Kiki1993

July 2017

August 2017

September 2017

October 2017

November 2017

December 2017

Just to introduce myself, you can call me kiki, I'm 21, (22 soon :( ) and been with my OH since Dec 2008, we are engaged and live together in a 3 bedroom council flat just us (don't want to private let and mortgage isn't an option), I'm doing a 2 year course right now and will be finished in may/june 2016, I work part time and OH works full time (he brings home about 1100 a month and I bring in about 900 with bursary, student loan and wages), are looking for reasons fun wise to not have children right now! We are wanting to get married but can't decide on dates, we have 3 options; Dec 2016, July 2016 and July 2017.
The stuff like college etc really doesn't make me want to wait, so we booked a holiday to give an incentive to not try right now; "oh I can't try right now, holiday is booked and non refundable!" Even though this is the case I am like "I can try in portugal" ... it's hard to wait for something you want when you know it would be okay, our bills are quite low so we have spare money, spare room, emotionally ready etc so waiting seems so pointless seeing as my aim is to be a stay at home mum, like at most I will work part time to bring in a little extra but my goal is to be a stay at home mum so it feels like I'm wasting time getting qualifications, the jobs I will do (now) and when I return are things you don't need qualifications for or I already have them; childcare, working with people with disabilities, elderly etc.
Could use people waiting the same length of time to share how we are coping. :flower:

I'm not sure when I'll be ttcing. It could be 2017 who knows. :shrug:

Hi :flower:

My boyfriend and I will both turn 27 in 2017 which is the age I'd ideally like to ttc, we don't have a set month though. My boyfriend would like us to be married first but we aren't even engaged yet so he needs to get a move on :dohh:

Ha have you been dropping hints? Weddings are surprisingly stressful to try plan! I really need to make a set decision about my education though, I want a degree I love, but I can't find any and I don't want to do a degree for the sake of a degree :shrug:
Hopefully we wont be waiting too long! :haha:

Well we have been together almost 5 years and I have probably been hinting for the past 3 :haha:

What degree are you looking at doing?

I'm sure we'll both get there.. eventually :thumbup:

Maybe he is waiting for the perfect time! And i have no clue that's why i dont want to really do a degree just to do a degree, you only get one chance at a degree where it gets funded so it needs to be the degree i want to do and if im not 100% sure i wont do it :thumbup:
My thinking now, i just red someones comment on another thread that explained if you waited until everything was perfect you would never have a child, so i've been thinking, if me and OH are both in jobs, we have a council house, have working cars, have enjoyed life together thats enough :thumbup: If I waited until owning our own place, getting married and having my degree and perfect jobs we would never have kids. By that time we would be 35 ish .. would have been together 20 years with no child and might be too old to have kids by then! My mum started to go through meno at 30, so did my gran .. i wont risk it :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->