Waking and restless from 4am?

pebbie1

Mum to Marielle & Markus
Reaction score
My son goes to bed at night ok. He goes down around 7pm and then sleeps till about 4 (sometimes he wakes for a feed before then but he goes back to sleep). At 4 he'll have a feed and that's it. He is not falling asleep anymore for ages. He keeps rolling on his side, tummy, back to his side, chatting to himself etc. is he "trying out new skills" or is this his awake time? He's bedroom sharing with my daughter so I have to take him in our bed then so he doesn't wake her, but it keeps me awake as well and I'm so tired!
X

My LO went through this phase the other week and this week, she's suddenly grown out of it and sleeps right through without all this fidgeting - she's 4 months next week. Maybe he'll grow out of it?

My son is a similar age and is going through a similar thing, it was 3am yesterday morning and 5.30am this morning! X

Mine is doing this too! A few times this week he has woken up at 4am and chatting to himself. I feed him in the dark just so he knows its still bedtime! He settled this morning by 5 after a feed and slept til 7. Hes really vocal at the moment, must be linked to him learning all his new skills. Currently sat drinking coffee and avoiding the housework til I wake up ( Eric is napping)... x

Thomas was doing this too last month when he was 4 months. Maybe it's the sleep regression?

Thanks ladies. He suffered with the sleep regression and woke so many times! He only used to wake once before that. Now on average twice but sometimes 7 times. Hope this will end soon as it's been going on for a month

Me too! I can tell he's tired, hopefully he will go back sleep pretty quick after this feed. Hope you are not up too long! X

Oh dear! Markus is tired too but for some reason he struggles to go back to sleep at this point until later. Fingers crossed though we get a few more zzzzzzzz's in :)

My LO has been up every hour since 3am... Think I must of jinxed myself!

Gutted! Markus is half asleep but not completely so I've had no sleep again since 4. I'm so tired!!

I know how you feel. It's only 7.40am and I'm already falling asleep lol!

Jade has been waking for the day at 4.45am for a week but didnt last night :/ its awful when they do x

I got Eric to sleep an hour after getting up which was 5.30. He woke again at 7 as logan disturbed him. OH gets up at 4 for work so hes not too impressed at my whinging :haha:

How do your babies sleep during the day? Markus is a bit of a cat napper, but I think that has to do with his older sister waking him as well. So I read that if they don't sleep enough during the day they can wake early. So I tried to put Markus to bed, but he's just not having it. I tried the pupd method but he just got more and more upset so after 50 minutes I couldn't deal with it anymore so I held him until he fell asleep and now he's asleep on our bed. It's so frustrating as he's been sleeping so bad for 5 weeks now and I'm so crazy tired :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->