Waking and restless from 4am?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by pebbie1, Oct 4, 2013.

1. pebbie1

pebbie1 Mum to Marielle & Markus

My son goes to bed at night ok. He goes down around 7pm and then sleeps till about 4 (sometimes he wakes for a feed before then but he goes back to sleep). At 4 he'll have a feed and that's it. He is not falling asleep anymore for ages. He keeps rolling on his side, tummy, back to his side, chatting to himself etc. is he "trying out new skills" or is this his awake time? He's bedroom sharing with my daughter so I have to take him in our bed then so he doesn't wake her, but it keeps me awake as well and I'm so tired!
    X

2. TrixieLox

TrixieLox Well-Known Member

My LO went through this phase the other week and this week, she's suddenly grown out of it and sleeps right through without all this fidgeting - she's 4 months next week. Maybe he'll grow out of it?

3. BecksBabyB

BecksBabyB Well-Known Member

My son is a similar age and is going through a similar thing, it was 3am yesterday morning and 5.30am this morning! X

4. Logan's Mum

Logan's Mum ....plus Eric : )

Mine is doing this too! A few times this week he has woken up at 4am and chatting to himself. I feed him in the dark just so he knows its still bedtime! He settled this morning by 5 after a feed and slept til 7. Hes really vocal at the moment, must be linked to him learning all his new skills. Currently sat drinking coffee and avoiding the housework til I wake up ( Eric is napping)... x

5. BellaBoo0512

BellaBoo0512 Well-Known Member

Thomas was doing this too last month when he was 4 months. Maybe it's the sleep regression?

6. pebbie1

Thanks ladies. He suffered with the sleep regression and woke so many times! He only used to wake once before that. Now on average twice but sometimes 7 times. Hope this will end soon as it's been going on for a month

7. pebbie1

And we're up again.....

8. Logan's Mum

Me too! I can tell he's tired, hopefully he will go back sleep pretty quick after this feed. Hope you are not up too long! X

9. pebbie1

Oh dear! Markus is tired too but for some reason he struggles to go back to sleep at this point until later. Fingers crossed though we get a few more zzzzzzzz's in :)

10. BellaBoo0512

My LO has been up every hour since 3am... Think I must of jinxed myself!

11. pebbie1

Gutted! Markus is half asleep but not completely so I've had no sleep again since 4. I'm so tired!!

12. BellaBoo0512

I know how you feel. It's only 7.40am and I'm already falling asleep lol!

13. Midnight_Fairy

Midnight_Fairy New baby J

Jade has been waking for the day at 4.45am for a week but didnt last night :/ its awful when they do x

14. Logan's Mum

I got Eric to sleep an hour after getting up which was 5.30. He woke again at 7 as logan disturbed him. OH gets up at 4 for work so hes not too impressed at my whinging :haha:

15. pebbie1

How do your babies sleep during the day? Markus is a bit of a cat napper, but I think that has to do with his older sister waking him as well. So I read that if they don't sleep enough during the day they can wake early. So I tried to put Markus to bed, but he's just not having it. I tried the pupd method but he just got more and more upset so after 50 minutes I couldn't deal with it anymore so I held him until he fell asleep and now he's asleep on our bed. It's so frustrating as he's been sleeping so bad for 5 weeks now and I'm so crazy tired :(