Walkie Talkies for a 3 YO?

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some walkie talkies for my lil brother, who is three. What do we think? Is 3 a bit young?

They're only like £5 (from littlewoods, with the voucher if it works!!).. But not sure if they're a bit old for him atm.

xx

i don't think it's too young... then again I don't have a three year old :rofl: ask your mom, I am sure she will be able to tell you!! :hug:

i dont think it is too young... we bought my OH's neices a set, they are 3 and 5.

Cool thanks guys, hadn't thought of asking my mum; it's been a long time since she had a 3 YO though!!! (me)

I suppose £5 is still a bargain, even if he does only use them for 5 minutes!!!! :D

xx

My Dad got some last year for lauren and Abi who were 3 and 5 at the time....they loved them for a while but only played with them a few times since:dohh:. i thought they'd have loved em but novelty wore off pretty quickly with my two:blush:

Sounds cool, I'd get them:happydance:

My dd got some last week for her 4th bday. tbh she can't use them right yet. she keeps forgetting to press the button!

My dad'll probably teach my bro to use them right. I'm just having a shop around, the cheapest I can get them is from Littlewoods, but have to wait until my first order goes through...then see if my £10 off voucher still works.. Otherwise, they're on ebay, but a bit more expensive... =/

If I can get them for £5 it's always worth grabbing them while I can. If he doesn't use them now, they could be put aside until he gets a bit older. :)

xx

Thats a great idea, great for encouraging his language skills... makes me think I'd love to see how walkie talkies would have gone down at work (used to work in childcare) I think an actively talking 3 year old would find a walkie talkie a really neat trick!

Does he try to talk on the phone at all?

Either way, I agree, its a good idea because even if he doesn't use them now, they wont go to waste as he gets older.

Although, will his mummy and daddy play with them with him, because ultimately, it only works if someone else is on the other end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->