'Wall decals' - do they work, and where to buy them?

M

Maid Marian

We rent so can't paint the walls or really do any decorating, but wall decals look perfect - before I shell out on one though, just wanna check that people have had good experiences with getting them on and off alright, with no wallpaper/paint damage?
Also, where do you recommend buying them from?

yuup LOs walls are covered in them. lol

i got mine off ebay from china.

took about 3 weeks to arrive but much cheaper.

we got a big tree for 99p,
some zoo animals (about 15 in a pack) for 99p. all free postage too.

and got various others on the way. x

ive used ebay ones, no problems and they look fab!

eBay and Amazon both have quite a few. If you're geeky, ThinkGeek.com has some as well.
Blik is the company that makes all sorts of wall decals, including the ones on ThinkGeek.com.

think geek has a couple of cool ones too :D

We also rent and I have quite a few! I bought them from ebay as they range in colours and sizes and usually arrive pretty quick. I haven't put them up myself, my OH did and they look really good. To remove they usually peel off.

we have a big dandelion in our livingroom, amelie has buterflies, fairies, 'once upon a time' and a castle and roman has sweet dreams and some stars :)

https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r5/aryandeity/P1030450.jpg

Your walls must be nice and smooth for best results. If they are "textured" at all, the results won't be as good. Also, high humididty an make them not hold on as well, so they don't work very well in a bathroom.

I got some really cute 3D textured ones from B+M of all places - felty animal ones, with buttons for eyes and feathery bits and things... can't speak for putting 'em on walls, because our walls are woodchip I can't face tackling the removal of (suspect half the plaster will come down with it so it's something that's going to have to wait) but I've put them on the airing cupboard door in the room and they look fab there - think I have a lion, hippo, giraffe and elephant for £4 in all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->