Wanting #2 but scared of labour

All said, we all managed it however traumatic it was (believe me it was for me!) but we should all be so proud and safe in the knowledge that we've done it before an CAN do it again whether we want to or not! We all lived to tell the tale.

barely. honestly, I was extremely depressed afterwards also with the fact that I might not have been here to see my baby. They made OH leave the room instantly after Colton was pulled out of my belly because of the amount of blood I was loosing, he didn't get to cut the cord or anything. OH said there was so much blood thats all you could see, everywhere-floor, table, EVERYWHERE.
Plus I almost lost my uterus. My doctor said he did manage to save it by folding it in half and putting a stitch in it. My baby was so big and stretched my uterus so much that I almost lost it.

but we should all be so proud and safe in the knowledge that we've done it before an CAN do it again
I completely agree with this, it couldn't have been said better. I went from only wanting one baby, to realizing that I came so dang close to only being ABLE to have one baby.. It made me realize how many more I do want.

Sorry to hear that. I was ok after the birth of my baby however he wasn't he ended up in intensive care for 10 days I couldn't even cuddle him. In a strange way I feel like I want a second one so I can have another go at it, with the hope that things will go more smoothly next time if that makes sense!

tbh mine was so traumatic if i dnt get a c section on nhs i be paying for one simple as lol xx

i think you kinda no whats coming and just prepare your self as best u can honey :hugs: i had 40hour labour and ended up with emergency section, but have to go straight c-section as i don't think i could do it naturally as was only 3cm after 40hours :dohh: it does worry me, but i see it as a means to an end, think of all the rewards you get with that gorgeous LO :)

Yes, thats true. The reward is great and I do love the first moment that you see your LO. It is the best relief ever- seeing them healthy and perfect.
Me and my OH were talking about it tonight and we will have another in a few yrs after we buy a house and get money sorted.

I miss being pregnant and even though i had a horrific 20 hour labour and emergency c section under a general anesthetic, i am looking forward to being in labour again. It was so hard the first time that i feel it couldn't possibly be as bad again! I feel i've got something to prove to myself... i want to have another go!! I will push a baby out naturally! (not for a couple of years though lol)

It took me a long time to get over my last pregnancy/birth, its been like 4 years now and time has been a good healer :) its only been a few months since you went through it so i'm not suprised its still so fresh in your mind! you have to rationalise it, firstly I'm taking each day as it comes, i havent got to to through childbirth today i will worry about that when it all starts! secondly it is only one day of your life and well worth it in the end and thirdly if all else fails you can always have an epidural and just go to sleep! ive never done this but its a nice option if all else fails :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->