Wanting a Baby Takes Over Your Life..

It's like many things in life, if you let it, it can and will take over your life. I don't think ladies on here are broodier than one another (as we wouldn't be on here) but we all deal with it differently. Some like to vent it every day, others like to hide it and distract themselves.

I'm trying to make the most of the time we have, by getting my career on track! We can't afford for a few years, what with our wedding and all, so that's helping hehe. Something to focus on! I don't want to rush having a baby, I'd prefer to be married, have our own house and have started my job in occupational therapy. That is all do-able, but it takes time!

Today I feel like a mess though, I can't even look at baby stuff without feeling low! I just know our time will come, and enjoy the now, because once they're here...there's no going back ;) hehe x

i no, somedays are harder then others!
some days i can cope others are hell!
x

ETA. We will be TTC about the same time!

Im 22, hes 23 and will have been together for 4 years in may. He said we could try next december but has changed his mind so im slowly loosing mine

I'm not convinced hub wont change his mind once we get to 2012 either! he'll be 31 then... and will HAVE to realise he's not a teenager anymore! :baby:

Also my 2 kittens help hehe, they don't fill the void, but they make it more bearable :)

edited to add!

we will be TTC about the same time!

bump buddies!!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!

That's uber cool :) your planning to ttc in 2013 then?

Awwww cool, I just put June on mine for a rough guess . IF I get a on a masters 2 year course, I'll finish in January 2013 and be able to ttc once I've been employed for a few months :)

O so lucky u even got a date to focus on, tho 2013 does seem far away. Thinking of u both! x

I wish my OH would realise hes not a teenager

Hi! I dont have a journal hun, ill sum it up for you...i been with my OH for 4years, had 4miscarriages now, im only 19 and until i lost my angels i didnt want kids as much as i do now, im finding it so difficult having to WTT, not knowing if when i do TTC i will ever be able to carry a baby full term, im loosing the will to live atm..we are WTT to my 23rd birthday as we are saving xx

I'm so sorry to hear about your MCs. I've never miscarried but I've had a friend who went through a miscarriage before she got pregnant with her first and 3 miscarriages trying to get pregnant with her second. I know the devastating effects and the emotional upheaval it causes. Good luck when you do finally start TTC. BTW the only way she got pregnant with both of her kids was her OB finally but her on a drug called Chlomid. From what I hear it makes your eggs stronger and it helps the pregnancy stick - not sure how, I guess it fortifies the uterine lining as well.
Nice to meet you - I was 19 during my first year of marriage so I TOTALLY know how you feel - you are me 5 years ago! Yet, that seems like yesterday (I'm 24 now). You're still so young and have the best years ahead of you. I know it's SUPER hard to not want a baby 24/7 but take it from someone who had 2 kids before I turned 22 - cherish your youth because once you have kids it's not about you, or your youth, or your fun anymore - your world will revolve 150% around your LO. Now in our cases this isn't such a bad thing and don't get me wrong I LOVE my kids and wouldn't change the time they came into this world for ANYTHING but my youth is completely gone.
I know I'm only 24 but especially having them back to back like I did (they are 14 months apart) aged me. I'm not altogether upset about that though - it did age my body but my heart is strong because of it - I know what REALLY matters in life and I've known it for a while - while my childless friends are still trying to figure that out b/c that's what 24 yo do anyway. It's also aged my mind. I'm far wiser than I ever would have been without kids - consequently I fit in better with women who are older than me and have more wisdom to offer me.

Hang in there - time really does fly - just try to preoccupy your time with things that you love to do! Figure out who YOU are, what you love, what you're passionate about, etc b/c after that baby gets here IT will be who you are, IT will be what you love, IT will be what you are passionate about but it's good to know what you were before the baby so that you can return to some semblance of that as they start getting more and more independent.

:hug: Life is beautiful!!

I go to sleep thinking of pregnancy, babies, prams, clothes..i cant carry on like this is driving me mad, im wishing my life away just so i can become a mum xx

I have my pram picked, my names chosen, god parents chosen, wanting a homebirth, All i need now is to actualy get pregnant.

Ok maybe it's because I'm from the States but what the hell is a PRAM?!?!

That was the nicest insult i could think of lol. He has no reason why hes not ready yet, its not like hes said i want to do xyz first. Its just a flat "im not ready"

Tell him: There will never be a day when you're "ready." It's like trying to prepare for a car accident. You don't even know what to prepare FOR until your standing there holding your baby in your arms. But it's the best thing in the world.

I go to sleep thinking of pregnancy, babies, prams, clothes..i cant carry on like this is driving me mad, im wishing my life away just so i can become a mum xx

I have my pram picked, my names chosen, god parents chosen, wanting a homebirth, All i need now is to actualy get pregnant.

Ok maybe it's because I'm from the States but what the hell is a PRAM?!?!

I think you would call it a stroler?

I agree it does,

I never understood wanting a baby sooo badly when you are young and have so much to accomplish, but obviously things in my life have changed and now I "get it".

Because I really do want to go to college but I feel like I would prefer to get a home/get married & have another baby :lol:

And I know I can't do any unless I get a better job, which means college probably...

Which costs money..

And I already have a LO so I don't have money to toss around, and it is a priority for me to live with my OH as a family with our daughter..

I just want it all right now, I don't want to wait, waiting sucks and it's nooooot faiiiiirrr

:hissy:

I kind of agree that it takes over your life to a certain degree! There's no chance of me having a baby right now as I want to be out of university with a job and in a very steady relationship before beginning to try, but that doesn't stop me thinking about it every day.. It's so irrational, it has to be the ol' biological instincts kicking in!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->