wanting some advise on modern cloth nappies

halas

Reaction score
i have decided i want to start using modern cloth nappies i am wondering if anyone can recomend what brands are god and how many i will need ect and what ever other advise people have because i really am clueless

I would HIGHLY recommend a trial pack because what works for 1 baby may not work for you!
If you want cheapest route: Prefolds and covers
Easiest for dad/daycare: AIO or pockets
More pricey: Fitteds and covers

Id buy used until you find what works or a trial pack. How many you need matters on how often youll wash them and how often youll change baby. We have 1 doz for DD2 and shes 2.5yrs old. We wash about every day to every other.

every baby is different honey, we all have our own likes and dislikes as well.

have you ever seen a cloth nappy in the flesh? doing this usually helps you visualise the product and how they go together. i've done some demo videos for cloth nappies which might help you.
All the articles starting with focus on have demo videos on them:
https://www.ethicalshoppingforbabies.co.uk/topics/washablenappyreviews/

I'd definitely agree. Do a trial first. Some nappies fit some babies, and some fit others. Sadly some are pretty useless anyway! If you have tried out lots first, you'll be quite sure you buy something which will fit your LO, and will also fit your life style and washing/drying facilities.

Also check out whether your council has a nappy initiative, as you may get some financial help to buy cloth nappies.

Here's a list of councils which have schemes. If your council is listed, click on it, and it will take you through to the details

yea i agree too, try various styles and don't comit to one brand not straight away anyway. Be sure to check you counicil as LP says above check out her link and the one to a thread in my siggy to see if they're listed, it's a really good way to get started with minimum outlay :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->