• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wanting to ask for maternity leave at 32 weeks?

kaysolid

Reaction score
Searching for some advice! I’m 32+1 and I really do feel miserable at times. I work a job where I stand on my feet all shift, about 8 hours at a time. Walk a good bit, bend, stoop, go up and down stairs etc. I’ve been suffering with borderline high blood pressure here lately (140/85 sometimes a lil higher or lower) some cramping, back aches etc. I mentioned it to my doctor last Appointment but she said it’s normal to feel this way. . But I literally can’t take the physical work anymore. Idk what to do because I can’t make my doctor sign me out of work but my work won’t accommodate my pregnancy so I’m kinda lost at this point. Someone help ftm by the way.

I work in retail so just like you spend lots of hours on my feet, my 3rd pregnancy wasnt the easiest and I was huge, I took maternity leave at 32/33 weeks, it just means you go back to work earlier at the end of it, why not ask if your struggling?

You should definitely ask. I was so ill in my first pregnancy I took it the earliest I could which was 11 weeks before he was due cos I just couldn't do it anymore. If you can get the doctor to sign you off I would, I'm surprised they wouldn't if its causing your health to suffer. Or even a note to reduce your hours or something. But speak to your employer and let them know, they may accommodate. Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->