• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Warning!: Do not open if you're squeamish

Ruth 1980

Reaction score
A doctor friend of mine shared this on Facebook. I found it truly amazing to watch, knowing that this was me 6months ago! No wonder it hurt to cough :haha:
It is a hospital production showing the entire ceasarean delivery of twins, with the medical step-by-step for training doctors. BE WARNED: IF YOU ARE DUE TO HAVE A C SECTION AND YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS THEN PLEASE DON'T WATCH IT!! :flower:
This is for inquisitive women like me with a strong stomach :)

https://vimeo.com/m/25596919

Amazing stuff x

Wow, what an amazing and very informative video. I am having my second c section in 6 weeks and never really saw the whole process from beginning to end. Crazy to me how so many people think c sections are just "minor" procedures and not a big deal. They are major surgeries and it took me a good month to ecover from my first one.

That was amazing!! I had a section and I had envisioned it pretty much like that I guess. When I watched it, it was neat, then the baby came out and I watched it again and another baby!? I had the sound off so I'm not sure if anything was said, I actually rewound it to make sure I was seeing two babies, or if they played the same part twice, lol.

Lol! :haha: yes they say that twins are being delivered in the video. Glad you 2 find it as amazing as I did :thumbup: x

Wow, what an amazing and very informative video. I am having my second c section in 6 weeks and never really saw the whole process from beginning to end. Crazy to me how so many people think c sections are just "minor" procedures and not a big deal. They are major surgeries and it took me a good month to ecover from my first one.

Goodluck with section number 2! :flower: x

wow, amazing to see how is actually happens! I have had 2 sections first was an emergency and second planned, i can honestly say i didnt realise how much work was involved. Altho i feel a little queasy now lol im not good with things like that but was very curious :)

wow i cant believe that, that happened to me x

wow, amazing to see how is actually happens! I have had 2 sections first was an emergency and second planned, i can honestly say i didnt realise how much work was involved. Altho i feel a little queasy now lol im not good with things like that but was very curious :)

Ha ha! I know, its car crash viewing isn't it! But like you said, it's such a big procedure and so much work, it's amazing! x

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

csection ~ the movie......

*runs off to get popcorn! :munch:

Oh my God! That was AWEFUL!!! :-#
Uck! I do not have a strong stomach, I didn't know it was going to show everything like that, I had to turn my head or cover my eyes many times but interest kept me tuned in.

I have to consider a c-section so I'm studying up as much as possible.
Ya know, the most positive thing I got from that video was that the mother didn't seem to lose much blood, I would have thought that being cut open would be something out of a Freddy Krueger movie! But there wasn't much blood loss. So, now I'm confused.

wow that was amazing thank you for sharing it. im glad i watched it after i had my c section!! i was really worried at the time because it was so quick getting him out then ages to sew me back up now i know why! i guess in my mind i thought you just had one layer of stitches and if they burst your insides would be able to fall out lol!!! its amazing that they can tell whats what with all the blood. yuck!

Oh.My.God. That was amazing. I don't know whether it was the slightly over dramatic music or not but I got really emotional. I think because I was under a general anaesthetic for mine so I didn't get to experience anything of her delivery.

C-section the easy way out my arse.

Oh my God! That was AWEFUL!!! :-#
Uck! I do not have a strong stomach, I didn't know it was going to show everything like that, I had to turn my head or cover my eyes many times but interest kept me tuned in.

I have to consider a c-section so I'm studying up as much as possible.
Ya know, the most positive thing I got from that video was that the mother didn't seem to lose much blood, I would have thought that being cut open would be something out of a Freddy Krueger movie! But there wasn't much blood loss. So, now I'm confused.

The reason you don't lose much blood is because they use something called diathermy- it's basically a super hot stick that seals the blood vessels as they cut through them. You can smell it in theatre too ;)
I had the pleasure of watching a triple bypass years ago (awesome!) and there was almost no blood, which was amazing considering the whole chest was open! x

OK. This is harder to watch than I thought it would be. On baby shows they only ever show the baby being pulled out. I don't mind surgery shows in general (only close my eyes for the incision) but I guess those were severely edited. There is a lot of cutting going on!

Email this video to any one who ever criticizes you for your C-section as the "easy way out". lol I already felt like a warrior for what I went through. Now I feel even tougher!

Now that I've been here for a day or two, I'm starting to see more and more comments about c-section debates on whether it's the "easy way out."

I've seen videos and tv shows about real births/labor via natural (vaginal) delivery. And I have to say, that although I was terrified of c-section, I actually feel the reverse now. Now I feel like I'd rather have a cesearian (sp?) than a vaginal/natural birth. It DOES seem like the "easy way out" to me. I will be scared either way, because birth in general is foreign to me and we all fear the unknown.

But quite honestly, even after this video, I'm looking forward to a cesarean (sp?). I'm sure it will feel like the longest 1/2 hour of my entire life. But it'll be worth the reward.

i will put up a thread in a minute, and you should check it out, about my c section notes- it has the timings etc. Im not sure all sections are carried out quite like that as my son was handed straight to dad, and delivered with cord, and dad was the one who cut it, so slightly different.

thats a good video. it just made me even more amazed and in awe at my boys birth!

...I've seen videos and tv shows about real births/labor via natural (vaginal) delivery. And I have to say, that although I was terrified of c-section, I actually feel the reverse now. Now I feel like I'd rather have a cesearian (sp?) than a vaginal/natural birth. It DOES seem like the "easy way out" to me. I will be scared either way, because birth in general is foreign to me and we all fear the unknown.

But quite honestly, even after this video, I'm looking forward to a cesarean (sp?). I'm sure it will feel like the longest 1/2 hour of my entire life. But it'll be worth the reward.

Bear in mind when you say it's the "easy way out" that you are a lot more likey to die or have an on-the-spot hysterectomy with a caesarean delivery! That's why people can't just choose to have one over a vaginal delivery. It is major abdominal surgery and carries great risk. Yes, you can't feel the actual delivery, but you can sure as hell feel the fact that your stomach was cut open afterwards! But it's whatever it takes to get your baby out safely, so it's all good x

Wow watched it and it was how i thought but at the same time its like wow it never felt so long for them to do it took less then an 40 mins start to finish for my first and they do so much in that time, seems like it should take longer. Although in a way doesn't help my fear that they might forget something in me like a sponge of some sort lol

Wow! No wonder it hurt so much afterwards! Thanks for putting the vid up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->