• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Warning!: Do not open if you're squeamish

Now that I've been here for a day or two, I'm starting to see more and more comments about c-section debates on whether it's the "easy way out."

I've seen videos and tv shows about real births/labor via natural (vaginal) delivery. And I have to say, that although I was terrified of c-section, I actually feel the reverse now. Now I feel like I'd rather have a cesearian (sp?) than a vaginal/natural birth. It DOES seem like the "easy way out" to me. I will be scared either way, because birth in general is foreign to me and we all fear the unknown.

But quite honestly, even after this video, I'm looking forward to a cesarean (sp?). I'm sure it will feel like the longest 1/2 hour of my entire life. But it'll be worth the reward.

I laboured for 87 hours and got to 8cm and also pushed. I ended up with an emergency c section and both ways are painful, however the contractions are 'productive' in that you know it is your body attempting to birth your child. The after pain of a c section does not feel productive. I could not even wind my daughter at times when she suffered colic as the pain when she kicked her legs anywhere near my abdomen were awful. Coughing, laughing, walking and showering we're all painful afterwards. We are all entitled to our own opinion however after my experiences, I personally can't understand how you still think a c section is an easy way out. I will be interested to hear your opinions of how easy it is once you experience it for yourself.

Now that I've been here for a day or two, I'm starting to see more and more comments about c-section debates on whether it's the "easy way out."

I've seen videos and tv shows about real births/labor via natural (vaginal) delivery. And I have to say, that although I was terrified of c-section, I actually feel the reverse now. Now I feel like I'd rather have a cesearian (sp?) than a vaginal/natural birth. It DOES seem like the "easy way out" to me. I will be scared either way, because birth in general is foreign to me and we all fear the unknown.

But quite honestly, even after this video, I'm looking forward to a cesarean (sp?). I'm sure it will feel like the longest 1/2 hour of my entire life. But it'll be worth the reward.

I laboured for 87 hours and got to 8cm and also pushed. I ended up with an emergency c section and both ways are painful, however the contractions are 'productive' in that you know it is your body attempting to birth your child. The after pain of a c section does not feel productive. I could not even wind my daughter at times when she suffered colic as the pain when she kicked her legs anywhere near my abdomen were awful. Coughing, laughing, walking and showering we're all painful afterwards. We are all entitled to our own opinion however after my experiences, I personally can't understand how you still think a c section is an easy way out. I will be interested to hear your opinions of how easy it is once you experience it for yourself.

I have had both a vaginal delivery and a cesarean and I can definitely agree with you, a c-section is no way the easy way out. After my vaginal delivery, I had a little pain for about a week to 10 days but, after my c-section, I couldn't sit, stand, talk, sneeze, cough, or laugh without hurting bad. I coughed once and it ripped open a few stitches and that hurt BAD! We will be TTC for a third in a month or so and will definitely be a VBAC, I pray this time, I dilate so, I won't need a Cesarean.

After watching the video, I am kind of nervous as, I will be having a tubal reversal next week and my Dr will be cutting through my cesarean scar. Very informative, though!

Galvan - I think labour and delivery is totally unimaginable until you have been through it, which ever way baby comes out. Good luck with your ttc and your operation :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->