warning - Rant!!!

Tudor Rose

Mummy
Reaction score
Im sick of being looked down at!!

im 24 i have a 5 year old daughter and a 3 year old son. i had my daughter when i was 19 and i married at 19, i work as a Care assistant and a carer (2 separate jobs hubby is a teacher) and im sick of people looking down at me. when i take my daughter school hardly any of the mums speak to me and its as if they are looking down at me, they are more or less in thier 30's the area we live in is quite respectable. alot of them are ladies of lesuire and dont work and drive big 4x4's

i dont drive(but im learning), but i work hard im always there to pick my kids up from school.

i feel they look at me as a stupid girl who got pregnant young. but there wrong yes i married young (hubby is 10 yrs my senior) but i was very mature for my age i cared for my disabled parents and sister from the age of 11 so i had to grow up quick. my kids have been planned and my next is being planned (im stopping at 3)

just wish people wouldnt judge a book by its cover.

:hugs: sweetie just remember your the bigger and better person, people like that have nothing better to do with there lives you just carry on being a good mum and work hard your doing a great job i have a very good friend who is much younger than me and had twins at 19 and she feels the same but i told her the same thing she is one of the nicest sensible person i have ever met our children are best friends and she is a wonderful mum so head high and dont worry xx :hug::hug:

Hun,

age is only a number just remember that! i know where you are coming from though im only 21 and when i was 19 i bought my first house with my partner who was 24 at the time and everyone looked down on me for that saying that i was too young to make such a big commitment. and 2 years on everything is all good. i know its not the same situation as you but just another example of the younger generation being looked down on :(

just because we are young it doesnt mean we cant do the same things as we would do in our late 20's or 30's even. i have a close friend who has 3 children and she has just turned 21 and shes the best mother those children could ever ask for :)

Dont let them get you down, they obviously have too much time on their hands & should go & get a job!:hugs:

Everyone is different, and is ready for kids at different times in their life. I don't think I could have had one at 19 but I do know people that did (and planned to) and they are perfectly happy, and great parents.

They obviously have nothing going on in their mundane lives, and have to create something to talk about.

I'm sorry that, in this case, it's you but at least you know that you work hard for your kids and they are loved, that's the most important thing x

Dont let people like that make you feel bad. People like that are just silly and you really dont want to be friends with people like that anyway.

I was 19 when i had my son who is nearly 8. My sister thought i was throwing my life away and we didnt talk for a while. Now though she is a loving sister and such a great auntie. I now have a DD who is 4 and we ttc no3.

my situation is quite the same as u..... i have two ds aged 5 and 3 and im 23 i used to get alot of neg looks and the older generation (to be polite lol) do make nasty comments which arnt needed.....half of them cant whsper quietly:dohh: and we are ttc no:3.....my best answer to u would be ....have broard shoulders and take it with a pinch of salt!...as long as u no ur kids are well looked after and ur happy.........WHO CARES! we're all good mums in our own way and nobody deserves to be judged!!!!

take care love nicky x.x.x

iam the same i had my daughter at 19 she is now 19 ive spent the last 19 yrs as a full time mum never worked dont drive and feel frowned apon as i have nothing to ever talk about but kids,but do you know what i wouldnt swap my life for all the tea in china and there the ones missing out in all the time i have to dedicate to my kids.others arent so lucky and have to work and i feel for them not having what i do,so its swings and round abouts just be proud of whop you are and what youve got in life cos it could always be worse

:hug:

Aww gosh i so know how you feel!

I am 25 and had my son at 19, i still look young for my age i even got my hair cut short to try and make me look older cos of the school playground bitches. I wish i hadn't now as over time i have realised they are just jealous.

They probably wish they had been younger when they had their own kids, plus they will feel jealous that you are coping so well!

Go and pick your kids up with your head held high and give them bitches a big smile as if to say 'i don't care what you think of me cos i'm happy'!

yep im in the same situation as you im 25 and have 3 girls aged 4,3,and 8months and considering ttc no 4. and i always get the horrible looks and immediately speaking about me to there friend as soon as they pass me and i look younger too (baby face) which doesnt help and i try to not let it bother me but it does sometimes! and i dont get talked to either when in the docs or anywhere like that and if i do its only to say 'are they all yours' stupid cows!:hissy:

people are so judgemental, people who know me and speak to me do say im old headed, im older than my husband in my head and he is 34.

Ohhhh hun! I know where you are coming from! I am 27 and have a soon to be 10 year old. Yes, I was 17 when I had my son. I look at it this way...if they snub you for no reason, its obviously out of insecurity. I was looked down on at my sons old school too, they as well were older than I and droves Cadillacs and such. You are doing whats best for your life and what makes you happy. Who cares what those wenches think! I always said to myself "dont look at me and hate, you just dont like me cause your rich hubby is :sex: his secretary that is my age while you sit at home!"..lol Mean? Yes but made me feel better! Keep your beautiful head held high and forget them!:hug: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->