was having a chat with hubby last night

EmmyReece

Mummy To Olivia
Reaction score
We were talking about how things are finally moving forward with my cycle and the conversation moved around to how long we'll be wtt. We both want to get ttc asap so the general consensus is that we will actually start trying in February as we don't want to wait around any longer.

I didn't want to start trying straight away because of my weight, and this way I've got three months to really crack on with the weight loss before we start trying. And to be honest, it really has given me a bit of a boost to keep focused.

We were also talking about what would happen in turkey if we do get lucky before we go. We'll be giving the quad safari a miss if we get a bfp and will be making sure that we have premium travel insurance and if something bad did happen, we do have a friend there that we could turn to in an emergency.

I know it probably seems crazy us ttc before we go away, but we really feel like time is slipping away and we don't want to miss any chance of our dreams coming true :blush:

I don't think its crazy at all! You can still enjoy your holiday while pregnant... We are planning a holiday next year and I could be pregnant by then...

Congrats on setting a date too!! X

Thank you :)

I'm actually really excited and it feels like the time will go quickly too because of everything we've got happning between now and then.

Ah i'm so pleased for you!!!
Lots of luck and baby dust for feb! :)

So exciting!! Congrats on setting a date. My ttc date is just before my wedding date so that's more crazy that before your holiday!

I've spent the past few hours researching pushchairs :dohh:

Excited is such an understatement :rofl:

Aww bless you, i love pushchairs, defo a weakness, yeah time will fly by!!

x

:rofl: everything I like seems to be out of our budget or have rubbish reviews :dohh:

I started researching pushchairs a long time ago!! You are very patient!

I started researching pushchairs a long time ago!! You are very patient!

I go through phases of researching them, but since deciding to ttc in feb, I've been a bit obsessed :dohh:

I REALLY like the icandy apple, but don't think I can justify the prices some people have said their's were :hissy: :rofl:

I know you don't want to wait but after going on holiday pregnant I'd never do it again. It's not just thinks like water sports you need to think off but I spent the week paranoid about the food. Was the cheese pasteurised, was the mayo fresh or from a shop etc

We're actually renting a villa so we'll be buying in food that we want :) It's not very often that I actually ate cheese or drank milk last year when we went.

I probably won't even get a bfp before we go, but to know that we'll be trying is really helping at the moment and the best thing ever was that hubby actually seemed really excited about it too (which he almost never does) :)

Oh i love the iCandy London Bus, That is my choice for a boy... but i also love the Car one from Bugaboo!

I just cant decide, the Bugaboo is cheaper and a better deal, but I might just go a plain colour with black... Soooo hard to decide... x

I've just been looking on ebay and I think I'm going to get one of those pot of dreams money saver things and will put £10 a week in it, plus when I get my phone upgrade in June I'll put my samsung on mazuma and put that in the babyfund (it's worth £150 at the moment), so maybe, just maybe, I could afford the icandy :blush:

Oh i love the iCandy London Bus, That is my choice for a boy... but i also love the Car one from Bugaboo!

I just cant decide, the Bugaboo is cheaper and a better deal, but I might just go a plain colour with black... Soooo hard to decide... x

I looked at the bugaboos and just didn't seem to like the look of them, I think I'm one of the odd few there :blush:

Hope all goes well :) And enjoy your holiday! I too am trying to lose weight before we start TTC beginning 2014 - I have 3 stone to lose. Stone a month? Heres hoping! Next year im 30 and would love 2014 to be the year we have a child xx

I went on a trip pregnant. It wasn't that bad. I was 8 weeks when I left and 13 when I returned. I was careful about certain foods though. That was the only downer. But not a big deal really. We basically backpacked around Europe. Went to England for a few days Italy for a week Romania for two weeks and Germany for two days.
We primarily stayed with friends of my husband except for Romania. I did get sick once in Romania but the couple we stayed with didnt have the cleanest way of storing food so it was one meal that was off.
But even with a 20-30 lb hiking backpack on I had no problems. I even felt the baby for the first time in Romania. :) 11 weeks.

Especially if you're going to a resort you'd be totally fine.

The main things that I enjoyed when we were there last year was chicken kebabs with rice and salad and lots of fresh fruit. Oh and the bread in turkey is divine so of course I'll be munching on that too lol. But it goes without saying that if I was pregnant then I'd be so, so, so careful about anything I ate

I probably won't even be pregnant by the time we go, but it would be so amazing to say to a child further down the line "you were in my tummy when mummy and daddy went on honeymoon" :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->