was hoping for a sweep today, but no...

purpleshark

Reaction score
Had a midwife appointment today and was really hoping she was going to do a sweep, but she said because i'm only 3 days over my due date it would be too early. So now having to wait til Tuesday next week. Really hoping baby has arrived by then really.

My private MW/doula friend said that NHS wont do a sweep til 41 weeks uaually....which sucks! But you can get them done privatly from 38 weeks..... less chance of it working though i guess.

My private MW/doula friend said that NHS wont do a sweep til 41 weeks uaually....which sucks! But you can get them done privatly from 38 weeks..... less chance of it working though i guess.

She did say that she would do one if i had of really wanted it, but explained that it probably wouldn't work as its too early. I've read so many posts about it being uncomfortable or hurting that i thought i'd just wait, seems silly pushing for it if they don't think it will work. I wasn't sure as with my last, she was born on her due date.

I asked my MW yesterday if she will give me a sweep at 39+4 if im still going due to my husband having to go back to work 13 days after my due date and she said yes, has written in my notes that she is more than happy to do so incase for some reason she isnt working that day.

Its so odd the way some will and some wont. Sorry she wont do it.

I asked my MW yesterday if she will give me a sweep at 39+4 if im still going due to my husband having to go back to work 13 days after my due date and she said yes, has written in my notes that she is more than happy to do so incase for some reason she isnt working that day.

Its so odd the way some will and some wont. Sorry she wont do it.

I have an appt on Monday when I'll be 40+2. I'm not expecting anything to happen before then as I'm feeling too comfortable.
But I am in same position re DH having to return to work at a set time. He works antisocial hrs too.
My prerequest for a sweep at this next appt has been declined :wacko:
I am happy to forgo sweep on Monday but hoping to book in again for the Thursday clinic when I'll be 40+5 so hoping they will agree to do it then or I'll have to wait till 41+2 which seems late!

So different between MW and OB's and from the UK to NA... im in canada and my OB gave me a sweep at 38weeks with my DD. I have a MW this pregnancy and i doubt i'll get one before 40 weeks, but im suprised they turned you down even though you are past your due date :hugs:

im surprised as well, what do they mean it might not work? youre past your due date!

I received one at 38+4 last pregnancy and it worked. Though I had been dilated/effaced for weeks.

how frustrating for u hon, hope baby makes an appearance soon for u xx

im surprised as well, what do they mean it might not work? youre past your due date!

Haven't got a clue, she just said it probably wouldn't work as I'm only 3 days over. I'm new to all this so didn't know if she was right or not (DD was on time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->