Was SURE I had PMS symptoms but now late...

kewpie

Reaction score
Hello!

I would love your advice please. My partner and I are in our third month of TTC and I am now on day 31 of my period - it was due a couple of days ago. My cycle is often a couple of days out so I'm still not ready to take a test, but...

Last week I could have SWORN I had the usual PMS symptoms. I feel like I know my body so well by now (I'm 35) and while I felt a bit disappointed, I just accepted it and waited for AF to arrive on the weekend. On Friday night, we had a friend in town and I had a couple of glasses of red wine with dinner, and then the next day we took him sightseeing and popped into a cosy pub at lunchtime where I actually had a pint of beer. I was just so sure I was about to get my period any minute. Then of course AF didn't come (yet) and I feel awful I had a few drinks.

I want to get excited and even go buy a test to be ready if AF still hasn't come by tomorrow, but I am feeling worried about the (moderate) drinks I had, and guilt is overshadowing my excitement. I mean I may not even be pregnant, but I just want to know if anyone else has been through this?

If you're pregnant, your baby is most likely completely fine! Doesn't sound like you were drinking in excess, and red wine was probably the safest alcoholic choice you could make. I know it's easy to get worried, but as my therapist said to me when I was talking to her about a similar situation - "There are literally drug addicts who have had normal, healthy babies. It will be ok." And of course you'll stop once you get a BFP, and that's the most important thing.

I'm sure other people's opinions may be a little less lenient, but I'd really try not to worry too much.

The forming fetus doesn't get any nutrients from you for the first several weeks.Drinking early on is fine.
May women pms symptoms are the same pregnant or not. It's caused by progesterone which is there pregnant or not. Gl

Thanks for your kind replies. Feeling much better, also after trawling through hundreds of similar forum posts, many who seemed to go on Vegas benders before their BFP. Bought my first test and now waiting for my partner to get home :)
(But if it doesn't happen this month, I certainly won't be counting on my PMS symptoms again, nor chancing it with any drinks, just not worth the worry!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->