Was told at 7 weeks of lost a twin but I can find two heartbeats

Other posters weren't to know but OP actually does have quite a few health concerns and they had said when they realised that it had been twins originally that they didn't know if she could physically manage a twin pregnancy, so I can understand the urgency.
Hope it doesn't drag too much Jkelmum X

Other posters weren't to know but OP actually does have quite a few health concerns and they had said when they realised that it had been twins originally that they didn't know if she could physically manage a twin pregnancy, so I can understand the urgency.
Hope it doesn't drag too much Jkelmum X

Know I didn't put all the facts ... I can find two very different heartbeats each time ... My body struggles with one baby and they are already giving steroids at 32 weeks incase they need to deliver early due to my health issues .. With twins the strain might be two much but nothing I can do but Le nature take its course and hope once I know I get the right care... Really not happy for somebody who is high risk and as had early bleeding dehydration and asthma attack .. To have a first scan at nearly 14 weeks seems very late ..in the past from I have had scans 10 wks 16 wks then 4weekly until 32 then 2 weekly xx

Lame I'm not going to lie I have exaggerated cramping or bleeding to get an earlier beta or scan. I have high anxiety disorder so not knowing just does not work for me. But usually that gets me in when I start going on about an anxiety attack.

So sorry your community midwife was so dismissive though :( hugs

How can they do that to you?!! I don't understand how they think its ok to leave a poor woman to suffer not knowing for so long like that, could you possibly get a private scan?

Its not an emergency :shrug: why would they provide an extra scan? Yes its an anxious wait for the next two weeks but it really is just a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things and won't change anything in the mean time.

Maternal stress can cause all sorts of effects on the child that's why!

Ok. A bit cheeky. But can you just lie?

Can you go to the emergency and say you were having a strong cramps and you are worried? They will have to give you a scan.:blush:

It is stupid, they are not giving you one at the first place!

I have to be honest here but I'm quite shocked at all the women suggesting op exaggerate the truth to get a scan earlier. Op is finding it hard enough to get a scan and that is because so many women exaggerate or plain fake to get early scans. Imagine that you are bleeding heavily, suspected miscarrige, you phone epu to find out there's a week wait for a scan. Would you then be happy about women exaggerating to have their scans moved forward? Plain and simple early scans should be reserved for those who urgantly need them. Are private scans expensive, yes. But if you desperately want reassurance, they should be the option you take. I have done it many times. I'm not suggesting op does not deserve her scan earlier, or that the doctors are fair for making her wait, it is very unfair, but lying is not the way forward.

Agree with pp, so many women lie about abdo pain/ PV bleeding to get earlier scans or lie about not knowing their lmp to get 2 first trimester scans. If the op is really concerned then please go to your GP or speak to EPAU and tell them your concerns especially if you have medical problems that could effect this pregnancy, however the management will not change at this stage if they were to find 2 instead of 1.

I can see how u would want to exaggerate to get an early scan but the previous 2 posters r right. I had spotting Saturday night, called epu Sunday morning and they couldn't see me till Thursday, it was torture X

Leaving u so long for a scan anyway is awful Hun but I'm noticing more and more this time round how busy all the departments must be :-( xx

I agree having sat waiting all night a few times for emergency scans for heavy bleeding I would hate to think that anyone would lie to get bumped up the list. For me delaying could have been risky to my health if there were complications and my levels of stress would be a lot higher.

To the OP of you're concerned it could affect your health can you contact your GP due to the community midwife to get a second opinion and reinforce what you have been told? Alternatively can you ring your EPU or labour ward for advice? When is your own midwife back?

I know it must be very frustrating to wait but home dopplers are so unreliable I've never come across any medical professional who recommend them. I've no medical background but if it were to be twins would it affect your pregnancy now or would any treatment be at a later stage?

I'd never lie I wouldn't want to take the space of somebody who really needed it.

Id be afraid to lie in case I jinxed myself too
Superstitious I know.
But id feel guilty too.
But I think op is a genuine case for earlier scan
Best of luck hon

There is no medical reason for someone to need to know whether there is more than one embryo at this early stage, and thinking you hear a second heartbeat doesn't change that fact. The only reason it would matter medically is if you would choose to terminate a second embryo (which it doesn't sound like you would).

I totally understand the anxiety though and I'm sure I would be itching to get another scan if I were in your position. This is why most OBs/midwives recommend against women using dopplers at home - they tend to create more anxiety than they relieve.

For me, l am an unmedicated high anxiety disorder and prone to maniac depression. So perhaps that's why I have to be pushy. My gyns don't understand the amount of stress the worry puts me through, and I understand there are other patients. But I was born a month premature because of the stress my mother was under. I don't overdo it and get scans like crazy or betas all the time, but to get my beta I don't need an appointment. My doctor just fills in the request and I am five minutes in and out of the lab. As for ultrasounds, my original gyn was always happy to find time to scan me to ease my anxiety because she knows and understands my conditions. My new gyns are very dismissive. I have to go see my therapist and get a note because I literally worry myself into bedrest. I had bad anxiety before any of my losses, and with the history I have it's very difficult for me during early pregnancy.

So I apologize if my suggestion that if she is really stressed to find a way to get her scan offended anybody.

Dobby I too have very understanding Drs that let me get as many betas as I want and schedule me for a scan around 6-7 weeks. After a couple of losses they understood that it eased my anxiety. I don't think anyone should be offended as you were just trying to be helpful.

For me, l am an unmedicated high anxiety disorder and prone to maniac depression. So perhaps that's why I have to be pushy. My gyns don't understand the amount of stress the worry puts me through, and I understand there are other patients. But I was born a month premature because of the stress my mother was under. I don't overdo it and get scans like crazy or betas all the time, but to get my beta I don't need an appointment. My doctor just fills in the request and I am five minutes in and out of the lab. As for ultrasounds, my original gyn was always happy to find time to scan me to ease my anxiety because she knows and understands my conditions. My new gyns are very dismissive. I have to go see my therapist and get a note because I literally worry myself into bedrest. I had bad anxiety before any of my losses, and with the history I have it's very difficult for me during early pregnancy.

So I apologize if my suggestion that if she is really stressed to find a way to get her scan offended anybody.

Don't feel bad. It's a different situation in the US vs. the UK. Here we can get as many scans as we want because we're paying for them and it doesn't necessarily affect anyone else. On the other side of the pond, everyone goes through the NHS which means there are more ethical considerations in terms of resource allocation.

I think they might ask me to reconsider the pregancy... In my eyes nothing onto reconsider I'd take it and every risk that comes with it ..... Booked a private scan for Sunday earlist I could get one

Hugs hon.
Wishing u all the best.
Let us know how u get on xxx

Will do selfishly praying for one healthy baby. Two would be a blessing but the chances of extremely premature delivery would be high if we made it that far ..

Sending many positive thoughts your way! Will be on the lookout for your update

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->