Was WTT... but marriage on the rocks

Thanks everyone for your comments. We are booked in for marriage counselling first appointment tomorrow....

Happy to hear that you guys are taking steps to fix things. Hang in there, it will take some work from both of you but you'll get through it.

That's great news. Good luck, and I hope y'all come out of the sessions feeling stronger than ever in your marriage. :hugs:

That's a positive step. I hope things work out for you :hugs:

Thanks everyone. It did not go well. I cried all the way there, during and home and he still doesn't even seem phased about how bad it has got. If you said to me 3 weeks ago our marriage would be at this point I never would have believed you.

During the meeting he turned it into 'my problem' and i think he is frustrated and he was coming across as aggressive. I didn't like it.

I still don't feel like he really understands how much he has hurt me. It just wants me to be 'fixed' and back to normal. :(

Poor thing. Did the counselor help y'all communicate at all? You can always try a different counselor. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find one that fits. Are there other issues or concerns you have about your marriage, or is it "just" this incident and how he's handled it? You say you would have never thought your marriage would be where it was today three weeks ago... I would take that as a good sign! Keep fighting if it feels right. Has he seemed apologetic? Remorseful? Ashamed? Or is his only reaction essentially "get over it"? :hugs:

apart from the odd squabble about cleaning or something trivial it was all good but now it couldn't be more different. he has shown very little emotion and although has said he is sorry, he's a sleaze, he did it because he was drunk and "likes boobs" I haven't seen anywhere near the kind of emotion or sorry that I feel I need to be able to think about moving on.

:hugs:

He's being a total idiot. "Likes boobs"? What a ridiculous cop out. A teenage boy could use that excuse, not a grown up.

I'm sorry the counselling hasn't helped so far. Are you going to keep trying?

I can't believe his lack of remorse, so hurtful. To not even try to understand where you are coming from or try to make you feel better.......urgh, difficult to forgive that. If he can't see (or doesn't care about) what he stands to lose then you're better off without him as you deserve so much better. :hugs:

The fact he cane is the first step, don't give up yet, I fibbing it can take a few tries to get break through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->