Washable Wipes

well it looks like i should be on commission for Wee Notions !LOL

Laura i sometimes dont tumble mine and they are still nice and soft :)

Sorry Holly :blush: they are damn gorgeous arent they :) got some LOVELY Embroideries....vvvv cute :)

How many wipes do you think we'd need if washing every other day? I'm assuming not 40!!

Thinking of maybe the weenotions ones for nappies and bumgenius ones for the rest so I can keep them separate...

i wash every Mon Wed and Fri and i never get anywhere close to running out... id say maybe 15-20 at most ..i'd defo recommend getting some terry / face cloths / old cut up towel for poo..makes getting it off a doddle :)

Thanks hon. You ladies have cost me a fortune this weekend!! I'll save in the longrun though :D

LOL whoops...you think you;ll save....just wait till you get an addiction !LOL

Definitely going to switch to cloth wipes now, just mentioned it to DH and he nodded and said "Makes sense" :thumbup:

And I just spent half an hour looking at wee notions nappies and filling the cart with shinies that I can't afford. Have been good and walked away without buying. DH says I can maybe have one if he gets a pay rise in April :grr:

LOL i do that all the timeLOL....Great you switiching to Cloth Wipes too tho :) and yay to a new fluff (hopefully!)

sara

xxxxxxx

Just ordered 2 weenotions ones, velour and fleece for one and fleece and bamboo for the other :happydance: Think I'll just get a tupperwear box to store them in and a couple of spray bottles for the liquid bit :D

Thanks Sara!

I just used to use face washers, they were cheap and lasted forever, washed well too, I still have some of the same ones I used on my daughters bum 15 years later!

Just ordered 2 weenotions ones, velour and fleece for one and fleece and bamboo for the other :happydance: Think I'll just get a tupperwear box to store them in and a couple of spray bottles for the liquid bit :D

Thanks Sara!

:yipee: try an old sports cap bottle (i.e water) for your solution..:thumbup:

Sorry Holly :blush: they are damn gorgeous arent they :) got some LOVELY Embroideries....vvvv cute :)

No worries lol! I've just never got into pretty nappies before, apart form buying a few Blueberries. I think I'm actually immune to cloth addiction, but do quite fancy one or two Wee Notions now I have seen them lol! DH agreed to try out a WNNN as we currently use 'sposies over night and would like to go back to cloth full time :thumbup:

I have a WNNN Holly, have used it for 2 nights now and it hasn't leaked, I stuffed it a bit extra with a small blueberry insert as well though. We have been using it with a tots bots fleece wrap, which I was VERY skeptical about, lol! Couldn't quite see how it wouldn't leak, :lol:. I think I may get another, Freya still is leaking out of Pop Ins at about 4am, no matter what extras I add to them.

I am yet to make my minkee wipes, I must get on with it today! :dohh:

Just crashing this post - i'm starting to think about getting cloth nappies and re-usable wipes. I noticed you mentioned 'solution' is this something you use with the wipes on baby's bum? Or something you soak the dirty wipes in? And what is it? Thanks in advance! ;)

Damm you lot!!

I've just ordered some fleece liners from Weenotions and a new nappy (shhhh... don't tell OH!!) I didn't bother looking else where in order not to spend too much.. and now I like the look of the wipes (am using face cloths ATM) which means I would HAVE to buy another nappy to make the postage seems resonable!

Solution is what you wet the wipes with before use. People make up their own depending on what they like. You can get recipes online :thumbup:

Kathryn - same here lol! I just ordered wipes and thought "I'll just get an in stock Night Notion to justify the postage cost" :dohh:

We have cloth wipes, but I forget what they are called. We bought them at Babies R Us, and online from the place I buy my diapers.

I have a bunch of different ones - IMO they work sooooo much better than disposable wipes. I often needed more than 1 disposable at a change, but the reusable ones can hold up to even the most explosive poo! I wash them with the diapers and just have them in a box stacked beside the change table. I just wet and go. I like the fuzzibunz ones as they are strong for scrubbing, but still very soft on skin. I used to use a solution for cleaning, but his skin is better with just water - it doesn't even get a little red!
xx

We just bought some ellas house ones, 20 for £7. I just use a spray bottle from boots with water in, spray that on his bum then wipe away with the wipes and it does the job.

I looked at cheeky wipes, but their expensive and I don't think I'd use all the stuff

Just bought some wipes on here and looking at getting some more :thumbup: I love nappies but thankfully didnt develop an addiction to fancy patterned nappies as they are usually covered by trouser or rompers.

Solution is what you wet the wipes with before use. People make up their own depending on what they like. You can get recipes online :thumbup:

Kathryn - same here lol! I just ordered wipes and thought "I'll just get an in stock Night Notion to justify the postage cost" :dohh:

Oh.. night notions.. I was thinking about getting one of them, maybe this is a good reason!

sara you should def be on commission for weenotions!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->