washing privates Vs baby wipes

christinelle

Reaction score
I don't like baby wipes on me...I have tried a few brands for cleaning my hands when I don't have access to a sink but I hate the residue, they leave a sticky substance behind and I always feel I have to rinse with water.
That said, I think that my baby might be uncomfortable with that residue on her privates and I was thinking about rinsing her with warm water at every diaper change (or soapy water if it's messy). Can this dry out her skin and cause a rash? I don't like the idea of using creams "just in case" either...
What if I use a wet cloth?

I use Pure Organic wipes. They leave a creamy residue so no need for cream. They also smell awesome.

I don't wipe Lexi down on every nappy change, if we're at home and it's just a wee I leave her nappy off for a few minutes so she air drys, otherwise I have fleece squares that I just wet with water and I use those to clean her off.

I only use wipes when we're out and about because they're quick and easy and it means I don't have to carry around a water bottle.

I use reusable wipes with plain old water on them. Then I apply a layer of coconut oil to act as a barrier :)

We use cheeky wipes-reusable flannels in essential oils. Loads better for poo clean up, too :)

If you need disposable wipes for convenience we've used water wipes from birth - they are 99.9% water 0.1% grapefruit and there is no residue. We love them!

Lots of people use cloth wipes along with cloth nappies but there's no reason you can't use them with disposable nappies too. We occasionally used Jackson Reece disposable wipes when out and about but cloth wipes are much nicer and actually much better at cleaning, especially dirty nappies.

I just use what my mum, grandma and great grandma all used, a bit of wet cloth works fine! Facecloths we call them, or flannels, just squares of towel fabric.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->