washing questions

a cupful sounds like alot or detergent - be careful as a build up of detergent can cause rashes, smell and reduce absorbency.

you should use a 1/4 of the normal amount you would use for the equivalent sized wash load. ie if you have half a washer of nappies use 1/4 of the amount you would use for half a washer of clothes.

i am confused about detergent build up and why we should use such little detergent. please can you tell me how detergent can build up on nappies? if you are using the correct amount of powder and have an efficient machine that rinses properly shouldn't you be able to use the normal amount of detergent?
i have been mindful of this and have hardly been using any detergent and doing an extra rinse at the end, which i am sure the small amount of detergent is why the nappies have been coming out still marked and a bit whiffy. they are new nappies and only been worn and washed twice! have looked on the bottle of detergent i was using and was using no where near enough! it says for a heavy soiled 6kg load need 4 caps where as i only used one, no wonder they don't smell clean! :blush:

FOUR caps????? Id say you are using a poor quality detergent. Most modern liquids only need one capful for heavily soiled items. I ALWAYS wash in half a cap even for my horse stuff thats filthy and it always comes out really clean. Ive also only ever used 1/4 cap for nappies and they are always sparkling. When you use more than you need (even using 1/4 cap) detergent does build in the nappies unless you rinse them several times after each wash, detergent builds up in your clothes too and this is why some people with sensitive skin (like myself) get rashes from clothes if they arent well rinsed. My machine is extremely efficient but if I use detergent I still need to do four rinses after a month to get the water bubble free.

Id change your detergent to a liquid or Gel that goes in the drum and use MUCH less.

FOUR caps????? Id say you are using a poor quality detergent. Id change your detergent to a liquid or Gel that goes in the drum and use MUCH less.
yup, i think you are right, have realised now it is poor! guess that what happens when you send a man shopping :haha: have got some ariel now, hopefully that will be a lot better. don't want my brand new nappies being spoilt by cheap detergent! even if it is fun trying and buying new nappies be cheaper to buy better quality washing detergent :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->