Washing/sterilising bottles in hotels

jenny82

Reaction score
How do you go about this in a quick & quiet manner? I did ask for a microwave (bit cheeky but its a 5 star hotel!) but they don't have one. There is a kettle, but I imagine it will be quite a small one so don't know how much use it is :/

When ds2 was 3 weeks old we went away for a funeral and i took my steriliser with me and used that. When we went away again at 4 1/2 months I took a packet of Milton cold water sterilising solution and a plastic lidded container. I guessed by that age lo has picked up so many things off the carpet etc it wouldn't hurt to use it that one time

Last time we stayed in a hotel I took a little bowl and Milton sterilising tablets which you use in cold water. It's easier than trying to steam them in a microwave. I also just bought the big bottles of pre-made milk from boots xxx

I took the electric steriliser and a washing up bowl and washing up liquid.

I just brought dish soap and a scrubbing brush. Didn't bother sterilising,

I have a sterilising bag but thought they were only for a microwave, or are there different types?

cold water tablet stuff will be the best bet probably. I dont have room in the case for our steriliser!

https://www.mothercare.com/Innosense®-Cold-Water-Sterilising-Bags-7-pack/454141,default,pd.html

Those ... although last time I just used the large zip lock bags, worked well

I assume it would be easier than this because my experience was in a country where you cant drink the water but I took my own travel kettle and used a small travel steriliser with Milton tablets. I won't lie it was a nightmare I had to use bottled water for everything, when a microwave isn't an option it's second best I guess? X

I assume it would be easier than this because my experience was in a country where you cant drink the water but I took my own travel kettle and used a small travel steriliser with Milton tablets. I won't lie it was a nightmare I had to use bottled water for everything, when a microwave isn't an option it's second best I guess? X

Also did this. Didn't find it too much of a nightmare though tbf, as LO had a max of 4 bottles a day. Our hotel didn't even have a kitchen sink in the room so I washed everything in the bathroom! Took my own washing up liquid as well as a kettle.

I just brought dish soap and a scrubbing brush. Didn't bother sterilising,

Yup. Nurses, doctors and the instructors in classes said hot, soapy water was best. They actually said not to "sterilize".

I've not had to do it in a hotel but in the hospital I used a cold water steriliser that I emptied once a day. The nurses did put the bottle through the dishwasher for me but I was worried about what else was in the dishwasher.

Sterilising is different in the UK we are told by health professionals that sterilising is a must when using formula.

We used milton's and a bucket (while camping last summer, so no electricity), which worked great, but for a hotel stay, I'd also consider using an electric steriliser if you have space to pack it. If you don't want to bring a bucket, you should be able to just do them in the sink (after all, it will be sterile after you add the milton's, so no need to worry about germs).

I got an electric sterilizer from ebay for £5!! absolute godsend ;-)
took that away with us along with washing up liquid and a bottle brush. then made up feeds and keep in fridge in room (We always make up bottles in advance as takes almost an hour to make due to special formula)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"