Watching television??

S

Serene123

Caitlyn is soooooooooo happy in the mornings and when shes feeding she tends to try and turn her head towrds the television. How bad would it be for me to let her watch abit afterwards?

:blush:

Dec watches T.V has done since about oh hell since he was born !!!! I dont see any harm as long as she is not parked in front of it morning noon and night there should be no problem xxx

Kyle loves his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse :) Its a life saver and lets me get work done. I like it too, as its really educational and has lots of different colours to keep his attention. In moderation, its not bad x

jack likes watching it when im feeding him to he trys to turn away and sometimes he will cuddle into my lap and watch it bit before gettting bored i think i enjoys the moving picture.

Jasmine loves watching cbeebees, especially In the night garden and bill and ben

lol lily started doing this, She loves all the colours!

I don't think there is any harm in letting them watch a little TV. Our daughter is 3 and she has 1 hour TV time after breakfast and 1/2 hour before bed. I think it's fine as long as it's limited and of course you know exactly what they are watching.

We just bought Grace Aladdin on DVD and she screamed the place down, she was terrified!!! That seems really cruel that i'm laughing at my daughter being frightened. I'm not, it's funny that i bought her a Disney movie and to her that it is scary!!

Nothing wrong with watching tv! Especially babies, with all the different colors and patterns. As long as you don't use the tv as something to get time for yourself and leave her to watch it all day long.

Limited tv time with you controlling what she's watching is fine! Of course now it doesn't matter as she's really young. xx

Hey hun my LO is exactly the same...i also had the same concern but i think as the rest of the ladies that in moderation it is fine...also i tend not to sit too close to the telly so my LO can watch it at a distance xx

Dec watches T.V has done since about oh hell since he was born !!!! I dont see any harm as long as she is not parked in front of it morning noon and night there should be no problem xxx

:rofl: Colton's the same. When we were in the hospital the nurse brought him in and parked him at the end of my bed in his little bassinet scooter thing. And he turned his head toward the TV and sat there watching it for a good 30-45 minutes before another nurse walking in and was like, "He shouldnt watch TV until he is 2 years old.." blah blah blah.. I'm his mother! :grr:
Anyways, when Colton wakes up early I usually turn the TV on.. like when Winnie the Pooh and this other SMALL kiddie show comes on. He will watch bits and pieces while I pick up and do little things.

Hi, I'm not a Mum yet, so just going on what I've read... you should really restrict their TV watching as their brains can't follow the images changing so quickly and apparently it can lead to ADD.

Grace likes the tv too but prefers to sit and stare in amazement at other random things, namely the plant (which she talks too) and the pictures on the wall (which she smiles and makes squeaky excited noises at)

Such an odd child lol

Grace likes the tv too but prefers to sit and stare in amazement at other random things, namely the plant (which she talks too) and the pictures on the wall (which she smiles and makes squeaky excited noises at)

Such an odd child lol

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Such an odd child lol

Josh talks to the celling fan and laugh at it!

Mia talks to her friend cow that sings Old MacDonald hahaha..what a bunch

Hi, I'm not a Mum yet, so just going on what I've read... you should really restrict their TV watching as their brains can't follow the images changing so quickly and apparently it can lead to ADD.

Oh really? Where did you hear that from?

Once in a while I put on Baby Einstein and Baby Mozart for Erica. Its meant for children so I dont really see the harm in it. Erica also loves ceiling fans, she has on just to the left of her crib, and she is constantly just laughing at it. Kids get amused by the silliest things!

Ryan doesn't watch too much TV. I do let him watch DIY and cooking programmes though, he watches very carefully. His fave thing is the DFS advert though - he loves the Rock star song by Nickelback and gets very exited!

We have a choice of 3 channels in this house where we spend most of our time so not much to watch in any case.

TV stays off during feed times. We have some music on instead!

charlie will watch tv aswell hes acually watching cartoons now , keeps him quiet for a bit he doesnt watch it all day though only for a bit in the day he loses intrest after a bit anyway hehe xxx

Cbeebies is always on in the back ground in my house. Mikey doesn't watch it continously, only the programs he likes can carries on playing. But then I don't watch anything during the day, so that's why I leave it on, beats changing back and forth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->