Water..

fantastica

Mum.
Reaction score
Just read another thread which reminded me to post this!

Jacob has to have bottled water, something in our water isn't suitable for babies/pregnant women (didn't realise until after he was born!)...so we've always boiled his water before...as was told to do this anyway, but especially for bottled :wacko:. Can I stop boiling now? Or seeing as it's not tap water do I still have to?!!

Hope thta makes sense :dohh:

no you shouldnt have to. especially at his age! :thumbup:

The food standards agency says boiled for first 6 months, then tap is fine. I don't know about bottled - if it's mineral then I think the salt levels can be higher, but normal table water should be fine.

Ok dont want to hijack thread this is the same topic, Jaden is 8 months old can i just use tap water for his bottles without boiling it first? And can he drink tap water from his beaker?

Confused as i didnt really know when he could have tap water.

Sam x

Fantastica - As another person said, I read that mineral water is no good for babies due to high levels of ... minerals :dohh: but bottled water that is just filtered water I would think would be fine not boiled after 6 months. xx

Samsugar7 - the recommendation to used boiled water to make bottles is to kill the bacteria in the formula which is why they recommend using water that has bolied approx 30 minutes ago because it will be the "right" temperature. I know that not all of us follow the guidelines to the letter (me included!) but one of the main reasons I would use boiled water would be because it dissolves the formula better (or so I find). Some ladies use cooled boiled water to make their bottles so maybe they could say whether they still boil after 6 months? It depends on what your reasons were for boiling the water to begin with!! Hope that helps? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->