water ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Ive heard you can give babys cooled boiled water, just wanted some advice, what is it suppose to help with ? is it any good ? do you just boil kettle then let the water cool right down to cold ? how much do you give them ?

thanks xx

I really wouldnt bother with water until you start weaning. Too much water can overload the kidneys or something and the babies get all their fluids from milk at this time. I fyou were to give water I wouldnt give anymore than an oz every few days, but it isnt necessary.

My sisters son is 14 weeks now and she gives him 2 oz every day on doctors advice. It really helps cool him down if its hot like it has been the last few weeks. It also helps with bowel movements which can sometimes get a little hard especially if you have started weaning. He usually only takes a few sips, its really just enough to wet his mouth between feeds. All she does is boil the kettle and let it cool. You can give him it luke warm or room temperature. I wouldnt give it really cold because it could upset his little stomach. Hope this helps

Yep doumauk, we do the same with our LO, it's been really hot today and HV said to do this to keep him cool as he didn't want a lot of warm milk...just a thirst quencher really

We have given our LO a few ounces of water a couple of times and shr ha just turned 7 weeks. We boiled the water, poured it into a bottle and then let it cool before giving it to her.

I give Josh water in between feeds, especially when it's hot outside!!!

i just steralise a bottle as per, pour fresh boiled water in let it cool to room temp then give Rhiannon it through the day, i let her lead me if she turns away or spits it out she doesnt want it, but as its been hot these last few days she has taken anything between 2oz/5oz throughout the day for me

my hv says if your bottlefeeding to give sips of water but if your breastfeeding then your milk quenches their thirst X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->