Watermelon

P

petal040

Just wondering (I haven't started weaning yet - but think about it often lol)... when I start, if I do blw, is it safe to give LO watermelon? What do you do with the seeds, leave them in?

On a similar note - not related to LO or weaning but just something I've always wondered - how do you properly eat a pomegranate - do you suck the seeds or something?

alfies tried watermelon he didnt really think much of it
he was 6months when he tried it :)

Not sure on the melon - I guess you remove the seeds. But you eat pomegranate seeds. The nest way I've found to remove them is to break the fruit apart in a bowl of water. The membrane parts float and the seeds sink, so you just need to scoop away the membrane and drain the water to get all the seeds together. Yum!

I would take the seeds out.
I was taught to eat a pomegranate with a needle! Cut it in quarters, then we used to prod each little seed with the needle and pull it out!
I'm obviously not suggesting you get your LO to do that!!!!!!
I'd just spoon out the seeds into a bowl :)

Yeah, you eat the pom seeds. Hard, messy, a pain... but yummy! hehe

As for watermelon, that is one of the first things I gave LO. He loved it! Just take the seeds out. :thumbup:

Hannah loves watermelon as well. I'd take the seeds out (or buy the seedless versions)

Elyse LOOOVES watermelon. To save me the trouble I buy seedless.. it's just as readily available here in the summer months, and actually all I've been able to find in the winter here.

I cut the watermelon in slices that are like 1/4 of a pie shaped if that makes sense! She finishes 1 or 2 of those easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->