Waters broke, no contractions, threatened induction tomorrow!

Wolfie

Reaction score
Hi all,
My waters broke this morning in bed and have leaked on and off all day. It was a real gush this morning but ever since has been little leaks - I've filled 4-5 maternity pads in the past 14 hours.
I had a midwife appointment anyway, so I didn't notify the hospital until I went for my midwife appointment.
Needless to say they said I should've come in straight away.
They looked at my pad and as my waters have been clear with a pinkish tinge they were happy.
However, they want me to go back in tomorrow morning for a VE and monitoring and then an induction if I am not in labour within 24 hours.
I told them the NICE guidelines said 96 hours from PROM to induction but they checked hospital policy and said it was 24 - 36 hours at the hospital.

I do not want a vaginal examination, particularly this early on and especially if I am not having contractions as that will raise the risk of infection./
I also really do not want to be induced.

I am all set up for my home birth and just hope my contractions start before they expect me at the hospital.
There is no appointment made for me, and I don't want to go in.
If I do not go in, and wait for labour at home, do you think they can refuse to send a midwife when I am finally in labour?

Any advise please?
Also I am on my second pot of RL tea and have had a whole pineapple. I tried out my Nuby breast pump but no colostrum came out and I felt it was rather irritating, so I doubt that set off oxytocin production.
Any other ideas?
many thanks

This was asked the other day.....yu might find this thread useful x

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-natural-birthing/730911-advice-needed-waters-have-broken.html

good luck hun hope your labour started overnight

No contractions yet :( Have an acupuncture appointment and will then go to hospital for fetal monitoring but will try to avoid vaginal examination. I will tell them I don't want induction yet. It will be 31 hours or so when I get to the hospital.

This must be so frustrating :(

I really hope that labour starts for you soon. It's tough as labour is more likely to start when you're relaxed, but how can you relax when you're on a deadline..

I wish you lots of luck and labour dust :dust:

it doesnt matter what thier policy is, they cant physically force you to be induced! obviously youve looked into it all so you know what is safe and what isnt etc and they should support this. guidelines infuriate me haha! i really hope things start moving soon for you. xxx

I agree with ljo1984, it's just the hosp policy but you know it's perfectly safe to wait longer. Stand your ground as they can't force you and try to relax a bit. Go for a strole in some fresh air (if that's poss in LDN) and try to have a kip!
Your defo close to baby hugs x

Good luck! I had a friend who didn't start contracting for 3 days after her water broke. Hang in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->