waters??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by alice&bump, Oct 26, 2008.

1. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

are your waters clear like water or do they have a bit of colour to them?? i thought maybe they were leaking last night, but fell asleep and this morning i was like, well i've not woken up soaking so it mustnt be them.

just had a shower and think they might be leaking, so put a ST on to see if it gets saturated or not. but i ont know if whats coming out is just like, really runny discharge or waters!!

i heard they were like straw coloured, but then my mum said the other day that they were clear???

2. claire1978

claire1978 Mum of 4

I wouldnt have a clue, both times that my waters went was when I was in the hospital in the labour ward, I hope someone can help u soon :hugs:

3. xXDonnaXx

xXDonnaXx Well-Known Member

My mum said they're clear but can have streaks of blood in? (part of your show) x

4. Luhweez

Luhweez Guest

Mine were clear as water, is it quite warm?..because their really really warm! if your not sure you should go and get it checked as they may need to start your early if your fluids reduced!

5. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

My literature says that htey can be either clear or straw coloured. If they are cloudy or greeny, then you need to get to the hospital.
    As Luhweez said, you need to let them know if you think it is. They need to document the time they started, if it is that.

6. LaDY

LaDY Mummy Of Two xx

Mine were also clear and also warm...i thought i was pissing myself :)

7. Alyandherbump

Alyandherbump Aly, Adam and baby Lila x

Haha LaDy, hope mine dont go in public!! I'd be dead embarassed!!

8. hellotasha

hellotasha Loves Her Baby Girl. X

lmao!!

9. Jem

Jem Mummy of 2

Mine were clear with streaks of blood in both times x

10. Tootsie

Tootsie Well-Known Member

The first time mine went they were brown but that was because my LO was distressed. The 2nd time they were clear but i was already in hospital with contractions then.

11. Samantha675

Samantha675 Maybe baby #3?!?

Mine were pinkish, and while warm, it didn't feel like I had wee'd myself, I knew it was my waters.

12. alice&bump

thanks everyone. i've concluded that its just discharge lol! am still all in pain and stuff, but no more leaking liquids!!

13. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

Mine were clear and warm too!! I also know that when they leaked (just before they totally went) if I tried to stop them by doing pelvic floor type squeezing, they just kept comin'!!!

14. didda

didda Mummy of 2 amazing kids!

I had this on friday! I thought I had started leaking, it happened twice - but nothing since so I gather it was just more discharge. Was weird as it really felt as though I'd wet myself! (Sure I didn't though!) xx

15. alice&bump

lol someone i know was in a restaurant and thought hers had gone, the chair was soaked thru. went to hosp etc to be told that the baby had just moved onto her bladder and emptied it for her!! not to bad, cept it was her second baby!!!!

16. didda

didda Mummy of 2 amazing kids!

:rofl: