waxing...

lewsmom

Reaction score
Has anyone else ever had down there waxed at a salon? i have my first ever appointment booked for monday and im abit nervous.. not sure what to expect.. i have had leg wax before but never 'down there' im just sick of not being able to shave it now.. do they do it in sections? pants on? i dunno.. any one care to shed abit of light?

It depends how much you're having waxed. They have paper pants you can wear, I'm not sure how that works tbh :haha:. Yeah in my experience they wax in sections. It's not too painful, underarms are much worse I think!

Hehe, I get the whole thing taken off. :winkwink:

The best time to go is about a week after your period ends. If you go too close to your period you are WAY more sensitive and it'll hurt more. You don't want the hair too long either - it'll hurt more.

They have you take your bottoms off and they do small sections at a time. My salon doesn't have you get in funky positions (although I've heard other places get you positioned all over the place). Takes a total of maybe 15 minutes, and then you're done. Don't take a hot shower for a few hours, and if you have any stickiness left from wax, use baby oil to get it off. :)

I have super sensitive skin and break out from any type of waxing, so I use an acne cream on the outer areas starting about 4-6 hours later. Just a little bit, and all irritation is pretty much gone by the next day.

ETA: Just realized that you may not be getting it all taken off. LOL You can do Brazilian (all off), Hollywood (they leave a "landing strip") or bikini (just the sides and top). Anything other than the Brazilian doesn't hurt anymore than a leg wax IMO. :)

Ive been waxed down there and am a beautician so have waxed too.

what PP said is completely correct although if your only getting bikini you can leave your knickers on and they tuck some tissue around the edges and have you move them out of the way slightly.

In all honestly a bikini wax doesnt hurt but brazilians dont exactly tickle. If your hair is very long then i'd trim a bit to avoid unnecessary pain but the hair has to be atleast 1/4 of an inch long.

xx

I notice you are pregnant, I had one done a couple of months ago (Brazilian) and the laying on my back was horrible. I couldn't breathe properly because the baby seemed t be squishing me.

I left my pants on and she moved them as she did each section. I swelled afterwards though and was in pain for ages afterwards, but the actual wax part didnt hurt. :)

When I went they gave me paper pants to wear which didn't really cover much but at least it wasn't all out :blush: but like others have said they do have to move the pants to side and stuff. They did it in sections and it's honestly not that bad.

Thanks ladies.. im looking to just get maybe a strip left.. dont wanna go the hole hog first time round.. so im having a full leg and bikini/strip wax.. i just cant see it anymore and feel very untidy.. im abit worried about them judging on the hair whats there but i wouldnt be there is i didnt need it right? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->