Ways to get bubs moving for ultrasound?

hunni12

Mum To Rj&WTT#2
Reaction score
I have an ultrasound tomorrow and really bubs to cooperate so I can gt the gender. Each ultrasound they cross their legs lol or just flop upside.

Any ideas?

Drink orange juice or something really sweet. It usually works. Unless your baby is stubborn like mine. I drank the glucose drink right before my ultrasound and she still slept most of the way through it. :haha:

I had a bit of lucozade with DD and she gave us a good view!

I had a mountain dew before one ultrasound and was too embarassed to tell the technician after she said wow his heart rate is up a bit and hes very active right now! She said remind me to check that. I didnt remind her because I knew what caused it. It takes very little! I had probably 12 ounces!

Fizzy pop
And chocolate took 5 scans for me 🙈 But as it was private they was great let me walk round and go back xx

Orange pop or Sprite.
I had an u/s after Christmas at my grandmas so tons of sugar and I didn't get to see baby at all. Just her head because she was dancing and flipped to when they turned it to me .

I'll try a mountain dew because orange juice never does anything

I don't know, but good luck at your scan! It's so exciting. I can't wait to see an update. I hope baby is nice and cooperative. :D

My scan is on Friday and I was wondering the same thing as you. Glad you posted! I think I'll try the orange juice though, because soda messes with me pretty bad. Fingers crossed that we both get good news at our ultrasounds!

For me, she responds more to food than drinks. If I have a meal before going in she moves like crazy. My private scan I drank a soda and she didn't move at all.

Hey hunni! In my anatomy scan mine were moving too much and it made it hard for them to get measurements or tell the genders. But in my case it was from going too long between meals. They gave me some cookies and they settled down. I hope yours behaves and shows you the goods!

The midwives told me orange juice or small drink of coke
But Ribena used to work best with ds :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"