Ways to Induce Labour

Babydance

Reaction score
Ok well since ive been convinced i'll go at 36/37 weeks ive been looking up tips and thought i'd share them with you all

Walking - Miles and miles lol

Nipple Stimulation - 15 - 20 mins each nipples several times a day

Spicy foods - Curries, the hotter the better!!

Pineapple - But you may have to eat about 10 fresh ones for i to have an effect!

Raspberry Leaf Tea - From around 32 weeks

Acupuncture and Reflexology (some say this bring on labour within 24 hours)Make sure it is a licensed practitioner!!

Sex (or magical fingers) - As difficult as this may be lol an orgasm is basically what a contraction is

Castor oil - Not a great idea if you do go into labour it will be awfully messy as it makes you poop non-stop!

Bounching on the birthing ball - For hours and hours, sit on it watching TV etc

March up and down the stairs

Enema's or laxitives

Playing on a swing - when pushing yourself stimulates the uterus and muscles

https://www.scalinis.com/Bambino.htm - This recipe

Evening Primrose Oil inserted up the yoohoo

Feel free to add ladies, Hope some of these help. :D

Walking - Miles and miles lol- I DO THIS EVERYDAY ABOUT 4 MILES AND STILL NOTHING!:hissy:

Nipple Stimulation - 15 - 20 mins each nipples several times a day- ALSO DO THIS AND STILL NOTHING :hissy:

Spicy foods - Curries, the hotter the better!!- BEEN TOLD BY MIDWIFES THIS IS A MYTH AND JUST UPSETS THE STOMACH:hissy:

Pineapple - But you may have to eat about 10 fresh ones for i to have an effect!- NOT TRIED YET..MAY DO :)

Raspberry Leaf Tea - From around 32 weeks - NOT TRIED EITHER :D

Sex (or magical fingers) - As difficult as this may be lol an orgasm is basically what a contraction is- HAVE SEX EVERY DAY,SOMETIMES 3 TIMES AND APPARENTLY IT'S THE SPERM BUT IS DOING JACK SHITE :hissy:

Castor oil - Not a great idea if you do go into labour it will be awfully messy as it makes you poop non-stop!- THIS WILL UPSET YOUR STOMACH BEEN ADVISED NOT TOO

Bounching on the birthing ball - For hours and hours, sit on it watching TV etc- RECKON A TRAMPOLINE WILL HELP?

March up and down the stairs- LMAO SERIOUS STOMPING :rofl:

Playing on a swing - when pushing yourself stimulates the uterus and muscles- COULD BE FUN

Hmmm i got to the point where i think a baby will come when THEY decide they want to...IT SUCKS!!!

I have tried nearly all of these (the few that I havent I will have done by tomorrow lol) and Nothing is working!!! I thought I was gonna go about 2 weeks ago which makes it even harder when you dont! I had reflexology today and it was lovely would defo reccomend that its really relaxing, No harm in working your way through them all to kill some time! I even tried a bumpy tractor ride lol! good luck ladies, and to think you used to think nothing was worse than the 2WW :lol: xx

Curry does only upset your tummy but it makes your bowel contract which is what makes you run, but as your bowel is so close to the uterus it stimulates the uterus into contracting xx

Mhm. I went mad trying everything to get baby out, now i've just come to terms with the fact that NONE of these will work unless baby is ready and wants to come out!

Mhm. I went mad trying everything to get baby out, now i've just come to terms with the fact that NONE of these will work unless baby is ready and wants to come out!

Might be true but not for everyone some people swear a curry makes them go into labour, atleast gives us something to try and focus on rather than how fed up we are, i am thee most impatient person i can guanantee i will be eating curry with pineapple stomping up the stairs to have sex drinking my raspberry tea lol x

Might be true but not for everyone some people swear a curry makes them go into labour, atleast gives us something to try and focus on rather than how fed up we are, i am thee most impatient person i can guanantee i will be eating curry with pineapple stomping up the stairs to have sex drinking my raspberry tea lol x

Lol. I hope it works for you hun, but i truely believe unless baby is ready to come nothing will hurry it. x

my next door neighbour went for a curry with her mum on wednesday night and jokingly she said to her that it might start her off........10pm that night it did and he was born 11.15 the next morning at 38 weeks :rofl:

another one is the little webbed bit between your thumb and index finger is a pressure point which is meant to get things going too

and so i heard on another thread ingesting the sperm is meant to work better:blush:

so to get this baby moving maybe we should..........eat curried sperm and pineapple,with a side order of eggplant parmesan,washed down with raspberry leaf tea infused with castor oil,whilst having sex bouncing on a ball,up and down the stairs whilst twiddling your nips and rubbing your little webbed bit on your hand!!

and if that doesnt work nothing will !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:muaha::rofl:

Ive actually come to the conclusion that the more stuff you try the more stubborn baby gets! with my other 2 in the days before bnb they just arrived around there due date, after spending sooo much time on bnb with this one i'm constantly on labour watch and have been since 37 weeks, it never even dawned on me with the others that i could go into labour then, thats why soo many of us are still here at 42 weeks i reckon :lol: xxx

my next door neighbour went for a curry with her mum on wednesday night and jokingly she said to her that it might start her off........10pm that night it did and he was born 11.15 the next morning at 38 weeks :rofl:

another one is the little webbed bit between your thumb and index finger is a pressure point which is meant to get things going too

and so i heard on another thread ingesting the sperm is meant to work better:blush:

so to get this baby moving maybe we should..........eat curried sperm and pineapple,with a side order of eggplant parmesan,washed down with raspberry leaf tea infused with castor oil,whilst having sex bouncing on a ball,up and down the stairs whilst twiddling your nips and rubbing your little webbed bit on your hand!!

HAHA love it! xxx

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you rock!

lmao Pink_Witch!!

I go with Laura i think baby will come when ready as how do the ppl know if they hadnt of had the curry etc that they wudnt of gone into labour anyway!!! xx

The general advice that midwives seem to hand out is just put your feet up and chill out. Baby will come when your body is ready so if you're running up and down stairs or fretting about when it will come, it probably won't. A lot of the stories I read are of women going into labour once they've finished the nursery/cleaned the house etc. They have a list of things to do before the baby comes like buy a nursing bra, do the weekly shop, make some meals to freeze etc. and it seems the minute they do all that and sit down with a cuppa, labour starts.

Therefore, my tactic (as well as starting the raspberry leaf tea at 32 weeks) is to try and get everything ready before I go on maternity leave and then spend my 36th week finishing off the house and little chores and making meals to freeze etc. and then get a massage and then do NOTHING 37-40 weeks, hehe.

And sperm is only supposed to help once you're dilated. So as soon as the midwife says "yeah you're 1cm dilated" or whatever, that's it, we're sexing it up with some nipple play, lmao.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"