Ways to make money?

blake12336

Reaction score
So we had our electric bill through the post today and it is £602. We are barely affording our bills as it is, as OH is doing an apprenticeship and I go back to work park time next week and am having to start paying childcare.

We have sold pretty much everything we can and are pretty desperate at this point.
We knew we would struggle this year but we didn't realise it would be this much! Next year once OH is qualified we should be comfortable again!

Does anyone have any ideas how to make some money?

are you able to do something like avon, ann summers etc?
doing ann summers has been a life saver for me.
if you ring the electric company up they may let you pay in instalments x

They will definitely let you pay in instalments/direct debit if you ask them.

Are you very crafty? Could you make things to sell? eBay stuff?

I do a few online surveys but its more like £40 every few months so not a huge amount but it helps

Do you have to declare your earnings for things like surveys/Avon etc? I could probably do Avon, it's just the start up fees. I am on direct debit at the moment, £40 per month but they're upping it to £144 which I'm not going to be able to afford

Do you have to declare your earnings for things like surveys/Avon etc? I could probably do Avon, it's just the start up fees. I am on direct debit at the moment, £40 per month but they're upping it to £144 which I'm not going to be able to afford

Have you looks at changing your supplier? We were with Southern Electric for ages and have moved to sainsburys energy and have a DD of £20 less. Which is amazing for us as we seems to use so much electricity. Also it sounds crazy but turn things off at the plug when you aren't using them. It seems to make a big difference.
As for making money, do you use cashback sites when buying things? We've made £276 alone this year by buying things with cashback. :)

This happened to us, I phoned and spoke to my supplier. The monthly repayments had been to pay back in 12 months, I changed it to pay over two years instead. It took it down about £50 a month for us although obviuosly paying for longer Phone supplier and see what they can do, they would rather get something than not get paid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->