We almost made it...

nabo86

Mam
Reaction score
i had originally hoped to get to 6 months EBF but things haven't gone to plan...

DD was ready to start weaning (or so it seemed) but since starting her on a little bit of baby rice/veg she has gone right off the breast - to make it worse, after a few days of loving food she doesn't seem to like that anymore either!

It turned out she won't eat much food and has been refusing the breast so I was concerned she wasn't eating much at all and so we made the difficult decision last night to change to bottle feeding full time and then we can keep a track on how much she has

I have a little bit BM to use up and have been able to express a bit since this all started - i will keep expressing as long as possible although I don't have time to do it during the day so I know it will stop soon

I am really proud of how far we have come - gave up twice in the first couple of weeks and DD has had poor weight gain but from 2 weeks she has been breast fed for the majority of time and is a really healthy and happy little girl - I know I have given her the best start I could

thank you to every one who has supported us through this either directly or indirectly through your posts/comments :)

Well done mum six months is fab! It does sound like a nursing strike though so if you really don't want to stop Kellymom has some helpful info on this, it's really common for it to happen at around this age-for all kinds of reasons. Is your baby teething? Because my LO was really seemingly losing interest in feeds but the real problem was he had his two bottom teeth coming through at exactly the same time as each other, now they've poked through he's a little bit easier to cope with xx

well done for what you've achieved! There were good times and bad times but you pushed through and gave your lo a really good start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->