we finally have a plan.

DCS

Reaction score
I probably don't need to be in here since my wedding will be super simple but I thought it might be nice for ideas and input.

We have been engaged for about 3 years. We always said we would like a second child and for both kids to be able to be part of our big day. Now we have both our kuddies we decided to set a date. We got together on march 20th, OH finally proposed on march 20th. And so we wanted to keep the date the same but since its a Sunday we have decided to go for march 21st 2016. DS will be 5, DD will be 21 months.

The plan is as follows....
Registary office with our parents and siblings. And ofcoursr our kids. Meal out and back home in time for bath time and bed.
Neither of us like the idea of people watching us, we don't know many people. We have been together 7 years, we live together and have 2 kids this is just us making it official and I finally get to change my last name.

There are obviously a few bits we need to sort out, we need ID for a start since none of us have passports, it will be a Monday so DS will be at school so need to find out if he could take time off.

I would love to hear your opinions, I'm not one to take offence easily so feel free to be as honest as you like. Also would love to hear any ideas anyone has on how we could make the day a little special.

Sounds lovely! Might you be able to go somewhere like a family pub for a meal instead?

My wedding was a registry office followed by a two course meal and party, dj and buffet at night. 80 people maximum came and although I hate all eyes on me I had a ball.
However, I did let MIL get too involved and I felt like she was taking over as she was paying for half of it, I regret that now. She almost had a coronery when I told her I was to wear white converse and ankle socks under my dress :haha: and I wanted cupcakes instead of a wedding cake omg we had a text war over it lol! Sje agreed to buy the cake so long as I went traditional so I just sat back and watched her £300 cake go to waste as no one in my family likes fruit cakes. Shame.

Awwww I hope your day goes well xxxxx

That sounds really lovely :)

Mine is very small and simple! I am going to Gretna Green but was surprised at how many lovely packages they have so it will just be my partner & myself, then our witnesses which we chose together then parents are joining us for a meal in the evening.

Perfect because like you we hated the idea of people watching us and I thought as we have our house together and I'm pregnant, we are just making it official and already acting like married etc.

Hope you have an amazing day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->