We got 'roids

I hear ya!! I stayed home for a whole year and it was way too much for me. I'm doing 6 months this time and my husband is taking 3 months after that. My DD loves daycare so it makes things a lot easier! Hang in there, it will be very soon that things start changing so rapidly! I can't believe our girl is almost 2, I'll be sad for her to grow up too fast!

Still waiting!! The roid is pushed to the side like it was with my daughter when her head engaged, so that's a good sign! Hope everyone is well. :)

Are you still pregnant Lauren?!? I'm excited to hear your labor story and see a picture of your LO!

Sigh... still pregnant!! I see the OB tomorrow so we'll see what's up. He said he'd induce me by Thursday anyway. Not too much longer! :)

Had Ryan Emily yesterday after only 3 hours of labor start to finish!! 7 lbs 14 oz and doing great! :)

congrats!!!!!! i know you must be super busy right now!!!!!!!!!! Rest up momma!

did you end up being induced or how did the labor begin for you? love to hear the details :)
No rush though! I know how hard it is finding time to come on here and type sometimes. :hugs:

howdy girls!

Here's how my labor went:
So I went in for a biophysical profile just because I was overdue, then right after went to see the OB at my weekly appt. The US showed my fluid to be borderline low - which he said was no emergency but he was on-call at the hospital that night, so we might as well start induction! He met us in the hospital in an hour from that time. He gave me a half dose of the cervical gel to get me going (at 1pm) and HOLY CRAP!! By 1:30 I was in full blown labor and contractions were painful and almost constant. They slowed down to be 1-2 minutes apart, but after an hour of that I was ready for the epidural! So I got the epidural at 2:30. My water broke at 3:30, and the baby was here at 4:27! It was crazy fast. She was coming out before I even started pushing, then once I started pushing - I think it was only a few pushes and she popped out!!

I had a minor tear which isn't so bad considering I had a huge episiotomy last time, 4 stitches, and went home from the hospital the next afternoon.

She's a super breastfeeder and good sleeper, so things are going pretty well! :) My DH is home until August 7th, so after that I'll have the 2 munchkins to deal with...which I'm kind of worried about, but everyone does it, right?! I'm sure I'll survive!

How are you guys all doing?

oh yeah... :)

She was 7 lbs 14 oz, 19 and 3/4 inches!

Attachments

• IMG_0887.jpg
    IMG_0887.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 3
so cute!

my baby Angelo weighed 7lb 13oz two days ago at 5 weeks!

howdy girls!

Here's how my labor went:
So I went in for a biophysical profile just because I was overdue, then right after went to see the OB at my weekly appt. The US showed my fluid to be borderline low - which he said was no emergency but he was on-call at the hospital that night, so we might as well start induction! He met us in the hospital in an hour from that time. He gave me a half dose of the cervical gel to get me going (at 1pm) and HOLY CRAP!! By 1:30 I was in full blown labor and contractions were painful and almost constant. They slowed down to be 1-2 minutes apart, but after an hour of that I was ready for the epidural! So I got the epidural at 2:30. My water broke at 3:30, and the baby was here at 4:27! It was crazy fast. She was coming out before I even started pushing, then once I started pushing - I think it was only a few pushes and she popped out!!

I had a minor tear which isn't so bad considering I had a huge episiotomy last time, 4 stitches, and went home from the hospital the next afternoon.

She's a super breastfeeder and good sleeper, so things are going pretty well! :) My DH is home until August 7th, so after that I'll have the 2 munchkins to deal with...which I'm kind of worried about, but everyone does it, right?! I'm sure I'll survive!

How are you guys all doing?

Wow! Sounds like it went pretty well from beginning to end. I can't say I know how to deal with 2 munchkins but hopefully your older daughter will be your lil helper.
Do you have family near by? It always nice to have family come and help out every now and then.

We are doing well. We were all co sleeping and just transitioned him into his crib which has been a lifesaver! It gives me time for myself now. Before he would always need me to stay laying next to him.

Thanks! We don't have family close by which sucks, but we'll manage! We have a great sitter!

HI, Hope you are all well, It was a godsend finding this thread and reading all your experiences. I am 12 weeks preg and knew about 2 years ago that I had a few fibroids from when I was scanned for suspected gall bladder stones. So at my 12 week scan the tech said that I have a fibroid that is close to the cervix and its 5.2x5.5x4.7 intramural. He said worse case scenario I would have to have a cesarean. Im hoping I wont need the cesarean as my sons school is a 15 min drive away and have noone to take him to school if I cant drive. My oh is self-employed so he will take a week off work, but cant afford for him to take any extra time off, so im a bit stressed about it!!

whaaat a blessing to all you gals that have had your bundles of joy am so so so happy for all infact am cheering:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Sorry for getting so lost here dint have internet since was on leave but am back with a vegence!

I missed all you gals you are great familly:flower::flower::flower::flower:

On the other hand Neema is now three months old and doing great couldnt post photos dont know how could i have some help on how to please?

Will be back to got thru' all the stories but the photographs ave seen you gals have beautiful babies dspite the fear we went thru with the roids nonsense....mine is still intact my doc recommended so drugs to reduce it though they cause temporary menopause she said i shouldnt have a problem getting my system back so waitng till six months coz am breastfeeding an d suppplimenting with formula while on duty..

whaaat a blessing to all you gals that have had your bundles of joy am so so so happy for all infact am cheering:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Sorry for getting so lost here dint have internet since was on leave but am back with a vegence!

I missed all you gals you are great familly:flower::flower::flower::flower:

On the other hand Neema is now three months old and doing great couldnt post photos dont know how could i have some help on how to please?

Will be back to got thru' all the stories but the photographs ave seen you gals have beautiful babies dspite the fear we went thru with the roids nonsense....mine is still intact my doc recommended so drugs to reduce it though they cause temporary menopause she said i shouldnt have a problem getting my system back so waitng till six months coz am breastfeeding an d suppplimenting with formula while on duty..

Glad to hear things are going good Naliaka! As for how to post pics, There should be a button next to where you submit your posting, it says "Go Advanced" once you click that, there is a paper clip icon for attachments. If you click on that it, it lets you browse on your computer to attach photos. Hope that helps! would love to see pics!!!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->