We got 'roids

HI, Hope you are all well, It was a godsend finding this thread and reading all your experiences. I am 12 weeks preg and knew about 2 years ago that I had a few fibroids from when I was scanned for suspected gall bladder stones. So at my 12 week scan the tech said that I have a fibroid that is close to the cervix and its 5.2x5.5x4.7 intramural. He said worse case scenario I would have to have a cesarean. Im hoping I wont need the cesarean as my sons school is a 15 min drive away and have noone to take him to school if I cant drive. My oh is self-employed so he will take a week off work, but cant afford for him to take any extra time off, so im a bit stressed about it!!

Welcome! :flower: I am not sure about what intramural roids are but I had about 5-6 fibroids all subserosal, which basically means they are on the outside of the uterus. I was told the same thing too, worst case scenario would be cesarean. But I ended up delivering vaginally.
Did you have fibroids with your first?

Hi Char36
Sorry to hear you have fibroids, but I'm really glad you found this thread!

I hope you get the vaginal delivery you'd like. Please try not to worry too much.

Naliaka, can't wait to see pics!

asfor me, probably sounds a bit soon to be worrying about this but I'm concerned about my ability to conceive another child given that at least 4 of my fibroids are submucosal (those are the ones that interfere with implantation). Oh well, we'll just have to see. We'll be ttc again in about 4-5 months.

About location of fibroids (from wikipedia)

• Intramural fibroids are located within the wall of the uterus and are the most common type; unless large, they may be asymptomatic. Intramural fibroids begin as small nodules in the muscular wall of the uterus. With time, intramural fibroids may expand inwards, causing distortion and elongation of the uterine cavity.
  • Subserosal fibroids are located underneath the mucosal (peritoneal) surface of the uterus and can become very large. They can also grow out in a papillary manner to become pedunculated fibroids. These pedunculated growths can actually detach from the uterus to become a parasitic leiomyoma.
  • Submucosal fibroids are located in the muscle beneath the endometrium of the uterus and distort the uterine cavity; even small lesion in this location may lead to bleeding and infertility. A pedunculated lesion within the cavity is termed an intracavitary fibroid and can be passed through the cervix.
  • Cervical fibroids are located in the wall of the cervix (neck of the uterus). Rarely fibroids are found in the supporting structures (round ligament, broad ligament, or uterosacral ligament) of the uterus that also contain smooth muscle tissue.

HI, Hope you are all well, It was a godsend finding this thread and reading all your experiences. I am 12 weeks preg and knew about 2 years ago that I had a few fibroids from when I was scanned for suspected gall bladder stones. So at my 12 week scan the tech said that I have a fibroid that is close to the cervix and its 5.2x5.5x4.7 intramural. He said worse case scenario I would have to have a cesarean. Im hoping I wont need the cesarean as my sons school is a 15 min drive away and have noone to take him to school if I cant drive. My oh is self-employed so he will take a week off work, but cant afford for him to take any extra time off, so im a bit stressed about it!!

Welcome! :flower: I am not sure about what intramural roids are but I had about 5-6 fibroids all subserosal, which basically means they are on the outside of the uterus. I was told the same thing too, worst case scenario would be cesarean. But I ended up delivering vaginally.
Did you have fibroids with your first?

Hiya,
As far as I know I didnt have them when I had my son 6 years ago.

Hello everybody! how's everyone doing?
lauren : how is it juggling the 2 munchkins now? :) Easier or harder than you thought?

hi girls! having 2 is just really busy more so than hard. Ryan is a great breastfeeder so that's making it easier for sure. The one thing I don't do is go out with both of them unless my 2 year old is strapped in to the double stroller. She's nuts and runs off on me!

ready...Angelo is soooo cute! love your avatar. let's see more pics girls!

Here's one of Ryan on her baptism day. :)

Char welcome to the group! I'm sure everything will go well for you :)

Attachments

• ryanbap.jpg
    ryanbap.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 1
Lauren, she's gorgeous!:cloud9:

Here's a couple of recent pictures of Angelo

This is in his doorframe bouncer thingy
bouncy baby.jpg

This is just him staying still (a very rare event)
yellow.jpg

here's baby stephen eating some prunes :baby: lol he was still learning how to feed from a spoon when i took the picture :)

Attachments

• IMG_0903bb.jpg
    IMG_0903bb.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 2
Hi ladies!! How is everyone doing?!?

Well I am currently in my 2ww hoping #2 is here!! Feeling all the same things I did with LO.

I know it will be a crazy house if I am preggers, but I think I'd rather knock out the last baby asap since we only want 2.
It'd be nice to have the newborn stage out of the way sooner rather than later lol.

Well my period is due on the 4th-5th, so I will probably test this weekend.

i THINK I GOT a BFP! af was due today and didn't arrive so I tested and got a very very very very very faint line!! I plan on retesting tomorrow morning!

i THINK I GOT a BFP! af was due today and didn't arrive so I tested and got a very very very very very faint line!! I plan on retesting tomorrow morning!
:shock:

:happydance:congratulations! We start ttc #2 in 3 weeks.

:shock:

:happydance:congratulations! We start ttc #2 in 3 weeks.

OH WOW! If you get pregnant right away, your kids will be very close in age too!
This was our first month that we started NTNP! Before this, I was Bfing so I wasn't able to get preg.
I am surprised how quick it took considering our first took 15months of actively Trying!

I am nervous on how I am going to juggle being pregnant and running after LO and also how to juggle the 2 once LO arrives!

FX for you readyornot! :dust:

Well , not sure what is going on :cry:
I started having bad cramps on my right side so I went to the ER and I started bleeding, (only when I wiped) :cry:
They did a transvaginal ultrasound at 5wks and couldnt find sac. They said my fibroids were large and it was early yet.
So they are gonna see if my hcg doubles over the next few days.

They aren't sure if i am miscarrying or not.:cry:
When I left the er on monday my cramping stopped and bleeding stopped too.

But this morning when I woke up i got intense cramping again :( no bleeding though.

Could my fibroids be causing all these problems so early?? I didnt have problems with DS until I hit 14weeks.

It was/is a miscarriage. Not sure what to expect. I have never had one before.
I would of been 6wks today. :cry:
I plan on ttc as soon as I am able to again.

Oh Army I'm so sorry honey :( I also miscarried after DD1, it's so hard but time does heal. Let me know if I can help in any way! I got pregnant again very soon after my loss. Xoxox

Armywife I'm so, so sorry:hugs:

I can't begin to imagine how you feel. I had a loss 13 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->