We have done it, converted to cloth

kglo

Mum of 3 Boys
Reaction score
Our baby is 3 weeks old and now in cloth fulltime.

I love our bumgenius but not to keen on pop in's, they are so bulky.

I can't believe how long a BG lasts with just the newborn insert.

We have other brands as well but have not tried them yet.

Dad is even very keen on cloth.

The only downside is rinsing poo off nappies before washing.

Can i ask how many you use...
I am interested to have our LO in fluff aswell, and would love to know from a newbie how u'r getting along. How do u rinse the poop off if i may ask :blush: ... Pretty good that at 3 weeks you have your wee one in fluff :thumbup:

Hiya, congrats on your new babba!!!

Don't worry- the poo will slow down :D xxx

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Fluff! :D Glad to hear things are going well. Congratulations on your baby :hugs:

I use around 8 or 9 nappies per day, I change him everytime he is fed or if he poos in between.

I use fleece liners which are good at catching the poo, I then flush the loo and rinse it off; my hubby thinks putting my hand in the loo is horrid but needs must.

It's quite easy really, I make up the nappies as I wash them, its a bit more time consuming than disposables but worth it, I think so anyway.

I tried washing the nappies every other day but this has not worked for me so I'm washing every day. The reason this has not worked is that there are so many bits and peices to take apart and put back together it really can be a mission, also drying space is limited.

I am washing on 50 degrees and had no stains yet either. I use fairy non bio for washing.

One thing I forgot to mention, we would of been fulltime earlier but the BTP nappies irritated his cord, so we used disposables until it had fully healed.

I use around 8 or 9 nappies per day, I change him everytime he is fed or if he poos in between.

I use fleece liners which are good at catching the poo, I then flush the loo and rinse it off; my hubby thinks putting my hand in the loo is horrid but needs must.

It's quite easy really, I make up the nappies as I wash them, its a bit more time consuming than disposables but worth it, I think so anyway.

I tried washing the nappies every other day but this has not worked for me so I'm washing every day. The reason this has not worked is that there are so many bits and peices to take apart and put back together it really can be a mission, also drying space is limited.

I am washing on 50 degrees and had no stains yet either. I use fairy non bio for washing.

TanQ for sharing hun :hugs: You definetly make if sound managable :)
Congrats! Eager for our lo to arrive so i can join you all :)

its a bit more time consuming than disposables

Well yes, it's a bit time consuming, but actually I think it's probably less so than having to go to the shop, because I'd run out of disposables! (And I alpmost certainly would run out sometimes!!!)

And in winter especially, I find it much easier and nicer to shove some nappies in the washing machine than take bags of stinky sposies down to the outside bins!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->