we mean business....cbfm ordered!!! advice would be appreciated!!

MrsO1987

Reaction score
We have been TTC for 16 months now with no joy. This months we thought we would get our BFP. My af was 5 days late and I had a few other signs.

My af arrived today :(
We are gutted but have decided to get serious.

I have bought loads of vitamins for us both and we have ordered a CBFM.

I am also really trying to lose weight with slimming world and have lost 6lb in 2 weeks.

Has anyone used a CBFT and can give us any pointers?

Any advice would be great.

Thanks for reading xx

I don't have any specific advice but just wanted to say good luck!

We bought a CBFM last year after nearly 3 years TTC using OPKs, Charting etc. I used it for a total of 3-4 cycles and the first couple of times I seemed to get a lot of "High" but no "Peak" days.

I was very disheartened but did seem to gradually get less "High" days each time as the monitor got to know my cycles, but I'm not sure if this is a general thing or was just because I have PCOS with irregular cycles.

Anyway, I started a new cycle in Aug 2012 and I got my first "Peak" day, followed by two more. We had sex on the first two "Peak" days, and I got my BFP in September. Unfortunately, we did have a miscarriage and I took a year off from TTC.

This is my first cycle back to TTC and we're trusting the CBFM again - I'm on CD16 and got a "peak" this morning! :)

Hi, I'm using the CBFM too however we've had a bit of a false start so this month is our REAL start to using it, I'll explain...1st month I peaked on CD19 of 35 however my DH was out of town! 2nd month I didn't get a peak at all but think I may have messed up by getting up early hours of the morning to pee but not testing until I got up at the normal time. 3rd month I kept switching it on every morning but it wasn't asking me to test then I realised that my 3 year old must have fiddled with it because I switched it on one evening and it was asking me to test then! So, on CD5 today and looking forward to POAS again this month...and keeping the monitor well away from my daughter! ;o) Good luck x

Thank you for your reply's

Kit603 - I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriage.
Good luck this time round - hope you got BD'ing last night!!!

boobaby - ha ha - oh no! good luck this month.

I am hoping that our CBFM arrives tomorrow (as estimated) because if it doesn't we wont be able to use it until next month. I am already on CD3 and I think I have to start to use it within the first 5 CD's is that right?
Also do I have to use it on a morning?

Good luck and fingers crossed it works for us all xx

Thank you for your reply's

Kit603 - I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriage.
Good luck this time round - hope you got BD'ing last night!!!

boobaby - ha ha - oh no! good luck this month.

I am hoping that our CBFM arrives tomorrow (as estimated) because if it doesn't we wont be able to use it until next month. I am already on CD3 and I think I have to start to use it within the first 5 CD's is that right?
Also do I have to use it on a morning?

Good luck and fingers crossed it works for us all xx

Thanks hun - BD'd yesterday and today, so I guess its the 2ww for me now. Fingers crossed!

You can use it whenever you like - basically, whatever time you 'set' the monitor at the beginning of each cycle determines your 6 Hour testing window and for the rest of that cycle you'll be able to test 3 hours before to 3 hours after the time you originally set the monitor - if a test is needed. You can't change the test window mid-cycle. E.g I set mine at about 8.30am so I can test from 5.30am to 11.30am and I have to switch the monitor on between those times each day to see if a test is needed for that day.

You have to set your cycle within the first 5 CDs, but it depends when you started your period. If you start AFTER your chosen time, set the following day as CD1 but if you start before your chosen time set it the same day as CD1.

E.g. I want to set my monitor at 8.30am so my window covers my weekday mornings when i'm at work and my lie in at the weekend.

If I start my period at 2am... I can still set it at 8.30am and that would be CD1, if I started my period at 3pm then i'd set my monitor at 8.30am the following day but it would still be CD1 and not CD2.

Hope that makes sense x

I am on my second cycle with the cbfm. the ladies have done an awesome job explaining how to use it. my first cycle i didn't have any highs went from low to peak. this cycle i have got six highs so far no peaks yet. i decided this cycle to use the cb digital opk too. i have had smiley faces the last two days. i am hoping that the monitor will peak tomorrow. i have been told after your first peak stop testing it will give you two peaks then a high and then lows. which is what happened for me even when i would give it peak tests. Good luck and lots of baby dust to you!

Our CBFM did not arrive today as estimated :cry:

We ordered it from ebay and received a message this afternoon to say that the seller has only just posted it.

Looks like we will be starting to use it next month - I read somewhere that the first reading has to be done within the first 5 days of your cycle.

This month we will be using OPK's and preseed - I'll keep you all updated

Good luck :dust:

Good luck, hope you get your peak soon! :)

Hi.
I am now on CD25 and am 11DPO. I noticed a small amount of blood on the tissue when I had been to the toilet this morning. Could this be IB?
Keping my fingers crossed its not AF....its too early for that!! X

It could be AF, but fingers crossed it's not :) I thought IB usually happened a little earlier than 11dpo, but maybe you ovulated late or could be implanting later?

Hi everyone! Going into 3rd cycle using CBFM. I set my window at 8:30am as well which is perfect. Last month we got 7 days in a row of high then the 2 peaks. We bd'd on every one of those days lol so maybe this month we'll ease up a bit and bd on every second high day. Good luck to you all!

I was told ib could by from 6-12 dpo. its on the later side so i would be cautious. good luck hung. baby dust to u all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Last month was my first month using the monitor. I got high readings on CD 12 AND 13 and then peak days on CD 14 and 15.

This month I have had a high reading since CD 11. I am now on CD 18 and the reading is still high but I have had no peak days.

Has anyone else had the same or know why this would be?

Xxx

Hope you don't mind, I was following your feed as was thinking about try cbfm.
Wishing you all the best of luck.xxx

Happy New Year :)

Mine varies quite a lot as well and I don't always get Peak days, but then I have PCOS so I don't always ovulate either.

For example, last cycle I got High from CD8 to CD15, Peaks CD16 and CD17, High again CD18 and then Low. Whereas this cycle, I got High from CD11 to CD27 and it didn't detect a peak.

It depends - if I'm still watching the monitor when it asks me to take it out then I just take it out. If it's already switched off then I take the stick out and switch it back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->