Weaning and going out?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
How do you guys all get on with weaning and going out places? Feeding them out and about etc?

I am finding i seem to be very limited time wise as to where i can go atm with the whole weaning process, like "she needs her tea at 4.30 .. will i have time to go here and there" or will i be at someone elses home when she needs feeding.

Anyone else feeling a bit like that?

I've always just packed food and fed him wherever we are at lunch/dinnertime. Actually, he tends to eat more when we're out somewhere, maybe it's more exciting!

I always pack food with me but since Hannah's always been fairly good with soft chunky food it really hasn't been a problem, I just throw a banana in my bag, maybe some other soft foods cut up and go. She also tends to eat off our plates if we are out around eating time

I always have a pot of fruit puree and a jar of savoury in the chaging bag so she can eat while we're out- she is happy to sit in her pushchair and eat

How do you guys all get on with weaning and going out places? Feeding them out and about etc?

I am finding i seem to be very limited time wise as to where i can go atm with the whole weaning process, like "she needs her tea at 4.30 .. will i have time to go here and there" or will i be at someone elses home when she needs feeding.

Very good question hun - I've been wondering the same for when I start weaning Deri.

What about heating food or do you girls feed at room temp?

xxx

I used to take the baby jars and pack them and any little finger food Alfie could eat. He was as good as gold as long as I could take 10 mins out to feed him when he was hungry. I would also have a bottle on hand for incase he wasn't in the mood for his food. HTH x

Very good question hun - I've been wondering the same for when I start weaning Deri.

What about heating food or do you girls feed at room temp?

xxx

if I give Hannah a jar I just give it at room temp unless it's been in the fridge.

I dont heat zanes food so he just has it out of the jar. if i think i will be out at a meal time just like bottle time i take it all with me and if im in town i will go into a pub to feed him and grab myself a coke. Even when zane was first being weaned and was on rice i found it easy as i got used to carting round how many bottles for just incase lol

I was just thinking this his morning! Especially with BLW at the mo, food gets flung everywhere! At home, I have a wipe clean sheet, so he throws it on the floor, I put it back on his tray and he can eat it. Obviously, I can't do this if we're out. Supposed I'll just have to find a different method for out and about!!

i find it quite easy tbh... apart from the odd times stupid places wont heat baby food up for me... and when its frozen Im abit screwed lol...

:)

i used to feel like this at first sweetie, but eventually you just get used to it :) i seem to have more stuff to take out for maddi's food than anyone i no :dohh: but it works for us. if we're out and about i'll just stop in a coffee shop and feed maddi if its time :) i take with us a bottle feed, a juice and the fisher price flask to heat her food in. i pop he food in the little pots from mothercare and just heat when we're out. and often take out a little fruit pot or rice pudding for dessert. as they get older its a little easy as you can take finger food with me.

i no brooke's having baby rice - like mads - what i used to do, and sometimes still do - is take out the baby rice in a little formula pot - like a do the formula, and mix with a little of her made up milk and often add veggies or fruit :)

hope this helps x x

I just take it with me and if we are going to be eating out too, I take the fold away chair so she can sit up to the table with us. Yesterday we went out for tea and I took her food heated up with me in a thermal cup. I'm gonna get a food flask so it stays warm for longer. You'll get used to it :D

i find that we are feeding all the time if its not a meal its a bottle so you have to find somewhere to go all the time

i havent fed her out anywhere except for at friends house or at a christening the other day

Lou
xxx

If its a friend or family, I always just brought it with me... But recently we've been running into the lunch time issue and babygroup, so I think I will have to start bringing something with me. I used to just give her a bottle, but it makes her cranky if she doesnt get her food.

i find that we are feeding all the time if its not a meal its a bottle so you have to find somewhere to go all the time

i havent fed her out anywhere except for at friends house or at a christening the other day

Lou
xxx

i felt just like this at first honey! i promise it does get better and easier, maddi dropped her mid morning bottle eventually and it was so much easier, hang in there lou :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->