weaning and hungry baby

lilysmum

Reaction score
my lo used to sleep for the whole night and was taking a fair amount of bottles (hungry baby milk) but now ive started to wean she has her 3 meals a day and 1 bottle the whole day (6oz of aptimal weaning milk) but gets up twice a night for a bottle.

is it ok to put her back on the hungry baby milk or is that a bit much for her and jst to perservere with the weaning milk?

also when she has the hungry baby milk she takes more milk then when on normal, its all sooo confusing

Sounds to me like she should have more milk in the day.....Maley is younger but we do a system of meal - milk - meal - milk .....

For example,

9.30 bottle

11 - 11.30 - breakfast

2pm - lunch and half her regular bottle

5.30-6pm - dinner and other half of bottle

8.30 - full bottle

bed

Obviously all babies are different and your babies routine may be different to maley's but maley also sleeps through and she is on three meals and aptimal weaning milk. She has gone off her milk since weaning and doesnt have as much as i would like to but i cant force her to drink so i give her some where i can.

One bottle all day doesnt sound enough milk to me.

do you still give her bottle before bed? I give maley one before bed so its a 'supper' before bed.

yeah i give her a bottle before bed round about 7pm. I had hv out and she said not to worry about her milk because she eats yougurts and has it in her cereal, but i cant help worry she doesnt take enough and the fact that she only takes 6oz a feed worries me.

I even tried giving her the night time milk but with that she takes bout 8 or 9oz but then gets up and hours or two later for a feed.

she does get plenty of fluids though and would quick happily takes water instead of her milk, but thats not going to fill her up enough for us both to get a decent sleep

From the sounds of it i think she is needing more milk too ... perhaps add another bottle into your routine and see what difference it makes, you may well not need hungry baby milk again if she's just wanting that bit more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->